starview or dbox2?

kardex

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have been offered a choice of 2 boxes, starview or dbox2.

Which one should I go for?

kardex

all depends on how much they want for them, but i would go for dbox out of those 2.

Last edited:
i would go with the dbox mate tbh. Have got 1 myself, a mate has got the starview and they dont seem as good imo. If you are looking about though possibly consider the dreambox as well as they seem to be the dogs nuts. Havent got 1 myself but going on others opinions on this forum

I will choose

A dbox2. It has much more support!!!!!!!

I had a starview a few months ago and I thought it was ok but the support for the dbox is much more impressive, images utils etc, so I would say go with that. I'm just waiting for my dreambox to arrive at the moment so I'm looking forward to playing with that.

Cheers m8teys,
The dbox2 is being offered cheaper as well, so I think I'll go for that then.

As for the dreambox, I've got a 500s for the sat(a chinese clone one) but haven't got round to using it yet.
I saw a good sat shop offering the 500c cable box for £99 before xmas, which was before I got cable. Now its shot up to to £159 TRUST MY LUCK!

Thanks everyone for the advice.

kardex

go for dbox, but be careful about them, most are 5/6 years old and some have problems (freezing, chirping, see dbox2 forum). So once you get from ebay be sure to test it the day you receive it so if not good you can start chargeback in worst case senario.

if u r new with boxes forget both and get a dreambox , coz they r almost same price , they all do the job however but most wont recommend a starview coz its 2 basic

No luck here,
dbox wouldn't power up so have to stick with the starview at the moment.
Next dbox he gets is mine.

kardex

I had starview much easier to use if a novice , i now have 2 dboxes but one has been a permanant headache and still not sorted money wasted on ebay!!

It may be of limited use, as I have only used a dreambox, and havent had that for very long, but for waht its worth they are superb, easy to set up and use, and as otherd have said, loads of support and can easily be tweaked.

I have two, just waiting to get some tools to play with as one has frigged, but should be able to get back online after playing with..............

Back