starview hd combo

markez

Inactive User
Reaction score
can any body tell me what the latest file out for the sv combo is ,,,,,,,,,,,,thanx

will it work with softcam keyfile ,and if yes will a technomate one be ok

you can use clines thats all i no m8

1: Get the file in downloads Starview HD Combo with lan. At time of post, latest Carling file is Carling+_F531_1207.UAD

2: Flashing your box. Put your Carling file onto a USB stick and plug in to usb behind front flap. On your HD combo go to menu, Utility and do a Factory reset. Now browse to Accessory - USB, select your carling file and click ok. Select S/W + All data update and let it install. (do not unplug while updating)

3: Setting up the cardsharing server
Make sure your box is connected to your router; there are also wireless adapters for the Starview if your network cable is to short or router is in another room.
Go to Menu - Accessory - Network - Press ok then go to Type now you will see 4 more sections in the menu, go to Server setup and press OK You will see 10 different Servers in here, Go to and select off 1 and press ok in the menu it will say off, if you highlight OFF and go to the right on the remote you can pick CCCAM or NEWCAMD in the menu. This is where you can setup your cardshare server.

Input 1 line at a time when done press exit then save is highlighted then hit ok.
Do same on all lines and when all lines complete click apply at bottom of screen

Bobby123 thankyou for your excellent posting as I have a combo which I was about to Bin. You describe a server setup, I presume from your posting setting up a client is a very similar process. i.e inserting a single Cline and adding a suitable CCcam.

you need to add a cline...which is available for a fee depending on who your server is and what packages they offere, can vary from around £7 to £20 a month..there use to be a site called cskings where there were hundreds of server providers, who offered a 24 to 48 hour test cline so you can see how good or bad there server is..you will also need a internet connection as thats where it comes from..i had a starview combo hd and had cs on it but since it isnt a linux based box, i was getting a lot of problems with it, ie constant glitching and freezing, i got rid of it..now i have the vu+duo, absolutely brilliant , can mess around with loads of different images, but blackhole images are best for me..mind you box is a little expensive, i paid £290...for it...

Last edited:
Hi

I got the starview hd which johnny bravo got rid of as he puts it lol, and its been sweet since I got it off him.

As has been said you need to try a few servers out till you find one that is good, I tried quite a few and have now settled with one server that has good rep for service both from a customer service point of view and also server as well, its almost glitch free.

There can be other factors that contribute to glitching as well not just down to server, bear in mind this kind of tv viewing is going to be almost glitch free but never totally glitch free as there are other contributing factors.

Anyway as johnny has said not as much fun as linux based box but for just general tv viewing the starview combo if set up fine then its a good box on sat side with good hd picture quality.

Regards

hi "mastichick"...glad you got it working fine, i was just getting glitching and freezing...probaly was my server provider..anyway glad you like it...vu+duo is a great box..

Back