starview flashing?

kardex

Inactive User
Reaction score
Tomorrow I'm going to flash my starview for the first time.
I take it is is just similar to updating my tm1500.
Question is: I am in a tw area and am wondering, do you necessarily have to use 259 ( latest file)or does older files still work?

kardex

Don't have enough posts to post there, but many thanks.
I will have to wait till I get paid to donate. Only work 1 day a week(saturday night) look after the kids the rest of the week.

Flashed the starview this morning with 257 then did a autoscan scan then went to menu and pressed 1570 emu was again already set to on, I didn't have to change it manually, but nothing.
(and nagravision was the only other thing highlighted).
Went to sky sports 1 and waited and waited but nothing cleared only fta.
So I put 259 in and waited and emu was again already set to on, I didn't have to change it manually, but nothing.

Anyone help?

kardex

Looked at other posts.
Did a factory reset, put in 257, rescanned, switched emu to on and all I'm getting is FTA channels.
It says in other posts, if you go to sly sports1 it should take about a minute to clear. BUT NOTHING

Have I missed a step?

kardex

Mmmm i take it you have the proper null modem cable and not joust a parralel and went through the right steps eg waiting till 100% themn keep waiting till it goes back to a channel number. On the instalation page is it the right server...telewest ntl ect

Mmmm i take it you have the proper null modem cable and not joust a parralel and went through the right steps eg waiting till 100% themn keep waiting till it goes back to a channel number. On the instalation page is it the right server...telewest ntl ect

Got it running, had missed a step.
Not all guides I read, gave the full procedure.
I was to much in a hurry.

Many thanks m8tey

kardex

Back