starview clone problem

derek12345

Inactive User
Reaction score
tried to flash my clone starview box cant get it to work tried downloading image on second light like it says but all i get is 4 lines going along box or sometimes box counts as downloading but pc not started yet so eventually box on 23% pc still on 3% got as far as 64% then says fails hope that makes sense dont know what to do now

tried to flash again got to 100% flash complete now when i turn box on only get 4 dashes going along box

Sounds like you have put the wrong software on the box mate!!

if you have a clone you must use the Clone Safe software!

Cheers,

JohnO

i downloaded the fix for a clone but not sure now if it is a clone
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

a have a starview smaller than the genuine one scart leads on oppisite sides all that but i thought clones had 18 slot holes on the top mine only has 13 i have tried to put fix on it had a lot of problems then got it to go 100% but with no numbers on the front then when i turned it on just getting 4 flashing lines on the front firstly is it a clone and secondly have i bricked it

just got it to flash again 100% complete but when its flashing box dosent say 1% etc till 100% 4 lines just keep moving up turn box off then back on still not working but dont think i have bricked it yet as it is letting me get into it is there a chance it isnt a clone with what i said above ^^^^^

13 Slot is a genuine original starview.

Put version 4 in your box and not 257

kardex

cant get anything into box gets to 64-68% then fails but i thought box says % when downloading this one just 4 lines moving along

13 Slot is a genuine original starview.

Put version 4 in your box and not 257

what is this ????? the new fix but not for clones ?????

try flashing the box with older version of the firmware, failing that check the caps on the psu, you'll have to open

the box to do this!!

failing that check the caps on the psu, you'll have to open
the box to do this!!

where are these and what am i looking for n22bmw

the cap you should look for is on the right psu board, it's c11 cap, if it's got a bulge on top of it then you need to

replace it, if you see a cap which looks deformed just replace it!!

did you try putting older version of the firmware on it first??

tried an older version flashed 100% but still the same so flashed with new image 100% but still when i turn it on only get 4 lines constantly going up looked instde but cant see nothing wrong with caps

update

i have a starview box smaller than an original scart on other side remote has grooves in it so i thought it was a clone and flashed it with clone safe fix it flashed 100% but when i turned it on i get 4 lines constantly along front of box i since found out it is a first generation genuine box with 13 slots on top in rows of 7 so i tried to reflash with another image as i am flashing 4 lines still stay there until it gets to 100% then only 1 light as it says flash burning then flash complete turn box off then on but only get the 4 constant lines moving along box have i bricked this box ???

Back