starview cable

cactikid

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
reports are out of boxes starting to work again,some channels back,try a factory reset and fresh scan ,maybe a new bin file coming soon.:proud:

Just tried a factory reset and scan only FTA channels

they have to try and fix it to shift the mountains of boxes stockpiled everywhere,when it comes back for how long will be the question??and it will be a gradual resume of channels.when a file is released it will be posted everywhere.:proud:

which model??
Starvew 6 & 7 with these channels working on a test file only
The below channels will work until futher update

117 : ITV3

109 : sky living

111 : sky living+1

139 : Challenge

140 : Challenge+

159 : Sky living Love

511 : sky sports 1,

620 : Euronews

802 : star news,

803 : star plus,

805 : sony ent tv asia,

806 : max,

815 : b4u movies,

816 : b4u music,

742 : Best Direct

Last edited:
Just tried a factory reset and scan only FTA channels

You would require the new firmware as, obviously, the server address will of changed.

Good news for existing customers although not sure how long it will last. As mentioned elsewhere, it seems reasonable to assume that somebody somewhere has a large stock of boxes to shift so has set a new server up. Once the boxes are sold - who knows !

If your thinking of buying a new box though, I'd advise a little more thought is needed !

No idea why starview and kryptview don't add the feature of being able to stick your own manual server on the boxes.

No idea why starview and kryptview don't add the feature of being able to stick your own manual server on the boxes.

Because the way they work tends to be mostly incompatible with things like CCcam etc. These boxes usually use a much more efficient protocol that simply requests the CW for a particular channel rather than the way smaller server do things - which mostly involves the sending of full ecm data.

i believe it has gone again and new file v1.00 was only a test file,not a public release and as now stopped,new one coming in a few days i hear,dont use the v1.00:proud:

i believe it has gone again and new file v1.00 was only a test file,not a public release and as now stopped,new one coming in a few days i hear,dont use the v1.00:proud:

From what I hear, the makers of this firmware are pretty upset that its been leaked publically. It wouldn't suprise me if whoever leaked it has shot themselves in the foot here and the whole idea is now closed down !

I guess it depends on how many boxes they have left to shift !

following the info elsewhere he said days ago test file in use,now stopped.hopefully in a few days public release will give 40 channels for a start so its wait and see time again,i would say to everybody not to buy a sv box.:proud:

Hi

Not many people know anything about who this team is, are they connected with sv or someone independant trying to get a server going. If independant why would they want to, wouldnt surprise me if this was leaked on purpose to test the water so to speak. Could it be VM wanting to log IP addresses.

Im very sceptical about this until more is known or someone of a trustworthy posititon on the many forums can vouch for them. If they have nothing to do with sv then it can be as said before to move on stockpiles. I dont know what it costs to set up server etc and presumably would need more than one server to cope so my point is this team may have set themselves up cos if they can get a server running they are going to implement a charge and everybody will run to pay it, even if its a £5 then these people maybe thinking
44000 x £5 then after that maybe vanish.

Not to mention security issues, would they give each sv user access regardless of how long they owned one, why would someone go to this trouble if it werent for other reasons other than from the goodness of their hearts, so for me at the moment too many questions needing to be answered and Id think twice before using this or any other fix that maybe released.

Regards

.....as said before to move on stockpiles.

I suspect that is the reason !

As for the VM idea, well, i'm sure there would be legal implications of them providing a server to crack their own system, not least from the likes of program providers like Sky who take a cut of subs on a per customer basis !

yoyo syndrome again someone has said their back again lol,no idea so far on/off/on:proud:

Hi

Not many people know anything about who this team is, are they connected with sv or someone independant trying to get a server going. If independant why would they want to, wouldnt surprise me if this was leaked on purpose to test the water so to speak. Could it be VM wanting to log IP addresses.

Im very sceptical about this until more is known or someone of a trustworthy posititon on the many forums can vouch for them. If they have nothing to do with sv then it can be as said before to move on stockpiles. I dont know what it costs to set up server etc and presumably would need more than one server to cope so my point is this team may have set themselves up cos if they can get a server running they are going to implement a charge and everybody will run to pay it, even if its a £5 then these people maybe thinking
44000 x £5 then after that maybe vanish.

Not to mention security issues, would they give each sv user access regardless of how long they owned one, why would someone go to this trouble if it werent for other reasons other than from the goodness of their hearts, so for me at the moment too many questions needing to be answered and Id think twice before using this or any other fix that maybe released.

Regards
i know who there are and have everything to do with sv nobody else could set up a sv server without source code for the boxes so i think that answers your question ,i doubt if they will let sv boxes run after the 12months as they have to get cash in to pay for server etc and if they are to charge something to get the expired boxes back onto there server it will be a lot more than £5
alex

i know who there are and have everything to do with sv nobody else could set up a sv server without source code for the boxes so i think that answers your question ,i doubt if they will let sv boxes run after the 12months as they have to get cash in to pay for server etc and if they are to charge something to get the expired boxes back onto there server it will be a lot more than £5
alex

Hi

If you know them and you are vouching for them and you saying they are to do with sv than that is good news for people with sv and thanks for clarifying that.

How would they determine an expired sv user, one who had been a user for 6 months and one only for a few weeks or in some cases brand new boxes that never got a chance to connect up.

The £5 quote was just an example but with so many people having lost trust with SV not sure if people would part with any cash unless Sv somehow won peoples trust back.

Regards

i know who there are and have everything to do with sv nobody else could set up a sv server without source code for the boxes so i think that answers your question

I.m sure your right and they are SV related (I think we can pretty much guarantee that after the fiasco of the last few days) but the necessity for source code is rubbish. Its really not that difficult to reverse the firmware from an stb, especially one as relatively simple as the SV. Most of the code is, infact, simply a port of the reference code for the chipset. All thats really been done is to build a gui on top with a few fairly simple server access routines thrown in to handle the CS. If anybody really wanted to run a SV CS server then its not particularly difficult from a technical point of view. Financially, of course, theres absolutely no point !

btw, that last 'test' firmware' was enormously entertaining in the art of showing how things shouldn't be done in any software which is likely to leak !

Last edited:
Hi

If you know them and you are vouching for them and you saying they are to do with sv than that is good news for people with sv and thanks for clarifying that.

How would they determine an expired sv user, one who had been a user for 6 months and one only for a few weeks or in some cases brand new boxes that never got a chance to connect up.

The £5 quote was just an example but with so many people having lost trust with SV not sure if people would part with any cash unless Sv somehow won peoples trust back.

Regards

i am guessing by mac address and ip addy
once the box first shows on there system it starts the clock with the years sub
this way even a software update wouldnt help as the box has a marker

Back