Starview 1 for £55 ?

ash213

Inactive User
Reaction score
is this a good deal, been offered the Starview 1 for £55, new.

is this still a good box ? will i get good support if things go wrong ?

cheers

Starview 1's are terrible boxes avoid at all costs, poor epg's low spec boxes. When you can get a Dreambox 500c clone for around 75 notes a Starview is not worth considering.
I dont even think the Starview 1's are officially supported any more since they were cloned the newer starviews are the starview 2 aka the box.

this is the box i got.

Last edited by a moderator:
there is nothing wrong with the starivew one it does the job fair do's the epg is non existent but if you just want it as a 2nd or 3rd box for a bedroom then its perfect

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

there is nothing wrong with the starivew one it does the job fair do's the epg is non existent but if you just want it as a 2nd or 3rd box for a bedroom then its perfect

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Not at £55 tho eh m8 when we can get 500c clones in for £60

Scott

this is the box i got.

I notice in the ebay heading it says New starview digital cable receiver box(Super theBox) which is actually the starview 3,but in the listing he says starview 1,either way at that price I would say its a clone not that thats the end of the world but just need to be sure before you load any software on to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
After the last ECM (and the lessons learned from it), I'd personally go for the KryptView.

I have seen dreambox for sale on a site for £39.99 a few of my friends brought from them if you want a link to the site pm me.

I thought it was a too good of a deal. scottyboydfc right £23 postage = £63

I thought I was in luck too :)

If the mods/admin give me permission, I'll post details of the guy I get them from.

If not keep the PMs rolling :banana:

Scott

Why not a Starview since they never even went down?

:p

I know there were a few reports of this but I simply don't understand how they couldn't have went down.

How could the guys that wrote the EMU have predicted the providers next method of ECM, it just doesn't make any sense to me, it's not as if the Starview firmware magically reprogrammed itself to circumvent the attack.

Can someone explain how the Starview survived - if it did!

Back