Starting a fresh

Ebro

Member ++
Reaction score
OK, just a quickie. If I want to start again what's the best way. I have had many "issues" up to lesson 4, and had compile errors etc, so thought I would begin again. Not sure why by the work dir is write protected so don't seem to be able to delete it.

Can someone advise on the command to remove the whole dir, so I can begin again.

Thanks

Hello.

If You are compiling as a root, then You must login as a root ( su or sudo ) and chmod 755 to remove write-protection from directory, than just right click on the directory and delete it. But, You are say "by the work" so I am not 100% sure that You will be able to delete directory without administrator's rights.
Cheers

I would delete the contents of the /tuxbox-cvs folder. Is this what you mean by the 'work' folder?

Then go back to Part 3 and start from there.

OK, just a quickie. If I want to start again what's the best way. I have had many "issues" up to lesson 4, and had compile errors etc, so thought I would begin again. Not sure why by the work dir is write protected so don't seem to be able to delete it.

Can someone advise on the command to remove the whole dir, so I can begin again.

Thanks

login as root
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

then once your loged in to remove the tuxbox dir type

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

this will remove the whole folder and let u start again myfriend :)

Thanks guys. I think my original problem stemmed from creating the initial folder as SU as per the instructions. I could therefore only delete it as the SU user. AI have removed all ok, so back to square one. (but with a little more knowledge.) LOL

Thanks guys. I think my original problem stemmed from creating the initial folder as SU as per the instructions. I could therefore only delete it as the SU user. AI have removed all ok, so back to square one. (but with a little more knowledge.) LOL

lol Listen, NEVER compile image as root!
There is just few specially moments when You must log as root, but You will probably never need that, except if You don't wanna make ssh plugin or something like that - but, that is another story.
Cheers : multi :

lol Listen, NEVER compile image as root!
There is just few specially moments when You must log as root, but You will probably never need that, except if You don't wanna make ssh plugin or something like that - but, that is another story.
Cheers : multi :

I have just edited stage/lesson 3 to remove the su command as it is going to cause problems later.

Thanks guys. Remember. We are all sheep. We will do exactly what you say.. LOL

Back