Start_neutrino

nj2006

Inactive User
Reaction score
Well the good old start neutrino file, i thought as we arechanging this file i would try and explian somthing about this file. and if im wrong or miss somthing out im sure sombody will correct it.
Here Goes

this file is what neutrino (operating system for dbox) calls on start up.a little like the start up in your normal windows software. what you put in this script is basicly what the dbox will use on start up.
so when you see the spinning animations and sound on start up this is where it all starts .

most telnet if not all telnet commands can be called here. and i suppose some script.

this file is in ect/init.d/ folder of what yido posted .

you can read this with notpad and you should be able to edit there aswell
BUT from experiance and some good advise on the way i recomend you try a trial and maybe buy this tool called reg edit ;)

here is what the code looks like

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Looking at this code you sould notice that what the file is calling
zapit , sectiond,timerd,

then it starts your camd with the command

Code:

so here is an easy edit what if newcamd didnt work aswell as evocam or mgcam do then instead of uploading newcamd you could upload evocam the same way as directed by yido but change the start neutrino . to call evocamd

Code:

another edit you are sure to have to do to this file is call the webserver to start on the dbox so that yweb will work .
to do this you will need to insert
Code:
into the file on its own line . i would recomend starting yweb last. so your start neutrino file would now look like this:

Code:

im sure as time goes on there wont be no need to edit what camd you use this way but i thought this might be the right time to intruduce you to the start neutrino file and some of what it does.

you could just ftp the files you are given but it is always best to look and understand them now as you will in the future play with this file a few times

another thing to look at is this bit of code
Code:

its basicly telling the dbox if the file .reboot is in the temp dir on the dbox then it is to reboot .
how this works is when you press the reboot button on the main menu it creates a file .reboot in the tmp dir. using the script
Code:

as the start neutrino has told the dbox if it see's this file .reboot to reboot
the reboot works .

Back