SSD on 7102?

trevortron

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
As the title suggests, I am toying with installing a SSD in my 7102. I know if you fit one to a PC there are certain settings that have to be changed and also that PC hard drives differ slightly from PVR ones (error correction?) are either of these likely to be issues?

As the title suggests, I am toying with installing a SSD in my 7102. I know if you fit one to a PC there are certain settings that have to be changed and also that PC hard drives differ slightly from PVR ones (error correction?) are either of these likely to be issues?

Just install and initiate in hard drive settings and off you go.i have SSD installed on all my boxes never had a single problem or fault.

Thanks for replies, think I'll give it a whirl. I don't need much capacity, it's used mainly for time-shifting. I've seen a few around the £20 mark. Main reasons for moving from mechanical: Speed- playing back (BI55) recordings can be a bit restricting, as it can only manage 2X fast-forwarding ad's before locking up, and Noise! Every mechanical one I've fitted seems to hit a resonance that plays havoc with my tinitus- even after switching it off. Who knows, it might even run a bit cooler! Will post back with results.....

I would be keen to know the outcome, I have a 320Gb Toshiba Alu drive connected to my 5402HD M2, I can usually get up to 32x speed but it does stick a lot, then you have to press stop, rewind then ff again, maybe SSD's are the way forward? It may even help the hopeless M3!

Back