sportster 17uk05 problem

markymarc

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hiya,

Some help please, I flashed my box with this and now cannot remove it, my flashxp will not connect to the box as it had a different IP, I changed the dbox IP to the usual one and its still failing, cannot remember the original IP now, does it matter if the IP is changed on the dbox or could it be the username and password that is wrong.

cheers

marc

Username = root
password = dbox2

this is the standard username and password...I have changed the IP on my box to match my network and have no problems....

Hope this helps

You can change the IP address on the dbox by going into

SETTINGS > NETWORK (remember to save before exiting)

If, for example, the IP address is 192.160.0.23, make sure that the IP address of your PC starts with 192.168.0.<less then 23>.

Make the subnet mask 255.255.255.0 on both dbox and PC.

The username will always be 'root' but the password can be either 'dbox' or 'dbox2'.

lasor,

Thanks for your reply, I swear I tried everything, all the usual and it wouldn't work, now it has, must have been my fat fingers :Clap:

cheers

marc

did you remember to reboot your dbox after you changed the ip addy - its not dynamic -- i fell for that baby:proud: :proud:

No need for restarting the Dbox:

Change the IP
Apply start/restart Network
Press Home
Press Red

cheers guys, yeah I did reboot, several times, I almost booted it out of my front window lol, thank heaven I didn't though :)

Its all systems go now, I was only after an image with epg for front row, I will stick with the keywelt for now.

thanks

Back