sportster 1.7

justintime

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi, my brother has brought his m8's dbox2 over and i havent a clue what to do. i said i would give it a go for him so i am after a bit of help. i have connected it up and got some teleprinter sort of writing at the beginning and one of the lines it said sportster 1.7. i have heard of sportster so i presume that is the image that is on it, but what do i do now? anyone please !

hi, my brother has brought his m8's dbox2 over and i havent a clue what to do. i said i would give it a go for him so i am after a bit of help. i have connected it up and got some teleprinter sort of writing at the beginning and one of the lines it said sportster 1.7. i have heard of sportster so i presume that is the image that is on it, but what do i do now? anyone please !

FTP the rom 7 fix to var/keys overwriting the existing file.

FTP the rom 7 fix to var/keys overwriting the existing file.

thanks for the quick reply
sorry not au fait with the terminology
ftp?
var/keys?
where will i get the rom7 fix?
do i use a null modem cable?
i did d/l laky-pro-1 cp1&2 they came up as an image file any idea what they are for?
cheers

You dont have to have a null modem cable a network cable will do fine.
Download image flashing assistant from hallenberg.com and flash over the image you downloaded.
Laky pro already has the new au rom files as far as i remember so you wont have to bother about that.
Make sure you flash the right image if your box is a nokia it will be a 2x if it is sagem it could be either but the new version of IFA will tell you.

From personal experience I would recommend the latest blade or andromeda images as laky gave me problems.

One more thing make sure you select evocam once your up and runnig for the AU to work.
Good luck.

You dont have to have a null modem cable a network cable will do fine.
Download image flashing assistant from hallenberg.com and flash over the image you downloaded.
Laky pro already has the new au rom files as far as i remember so you wont have to bother about that.
Make sure you flash the right image if your box is a nokia it will be a 2x if it is sagem it could be either but the new version of IFA will tell you.

From personal experience I would recommend the latest blade or andromeda images as laky gave me problems.

One more thing make sure you select evocam once your up and runnig for the AU to work.
Good luck.

thanks,
i have a null modem cable can i use that or is it a network cable i need ?
where do i find blade or andromeda ?
so just open the ifa and flash the image over to the box and that should do it ?
sorry to ask so many questions but i dont want to bugger it for him !!
.cheers..

hi got the rom7 file how do you ftp it cheers

Don't be a lazy fooker m8, there's plenty of info available on the www.

Google a nice piece of work called PT-1' helpfile...........everyone who owns a dbox2 should have it since it explains everything you will ever need to know about the dbox2........including how to FTP

thxs rodboy guess iam in wrong place for help

You are in the best place for help mate, I've explained what to do but I am fooked if I am going to give you a tutorial on how to FTP when there are so many different clients available, all with slightly different routines............the next part is down to you my friend

PS the thumbs down is for losers mate......don't insult me !!!!

it's the right place - just don't expect to be spoon fed. if you spent 5 seconds looking at 1 of the million guides on here and educating yourself a little bit, you'd get a lot further and a lot more respect.

you just want free telly with zero effort. jog on.

Hi

You`re in the right place m8.You`l get the help you need but you got to help yourself by doing searches and reading up, you`l be surprised at what you`l learn just by reading related posts etc. If you get stuck after post your prob and people will help you.

Regards

sportster

cheers m8 its good to get some positive feedback will do search,guess iam in the right place:Clap:

cheers m8 its good to get some positive feedback will do search,guess iam in the right place:Clap:

No hard feelings mate, but make no mistake, this is where you want to be !!!

Post for help and you'll get it, maybe just pointers at first..........there's too many people come and go when in trouble and never offer anything back to the forum........make sure to come back and help others once you are fixed.

all the best

sportster 1.17

cheers rodboy as a newbee sometimes you need to get pointed in the right way i will be here for a long time been helping in satalite ,cable new for me been out buying cables for d-box to laptop shit that was hard still learning ,downloaded flash fxp and rom 7 &10 trying to connect to laptop no luck ,trying to find ifa 3.1.1 still looking wont give up ill get there

cheers rodboy as a newbee sometimes you need to get pointed in the right way i will be here for a long time been helping in satalite ,cable new for me been out buying cables for d-box to laptop shit that was hard still learning ,downloaded flash fxp and rom 7 &10 trying to connect to laptop no luck ,trying to find ifa 3.1.1 still looking wont give up ill get there

how far u got m8? wot u done so far? i may be able to help?

cheers m8 not very far cant get flash fxp to connect to box looked up ip addres put it in no luck ,the shop i got my cable in said you have make sure your laptop is in com1 on flash fxp its 21

cheers m8 not very far cant get flash fxp to connect to box looked up ip addres put it in no luck ,the shop i got my cable in said you have make sure your laptop is in com1 on flash fxp its 21

if u connecting direct it has to be a cross-over ethernet cable....or u thru a router?

try this.....

View attachment 41908

Last edited:
thx for help going to bed now my heid is spinning will try tomorrow when i get back from football,never say die thx m8

Back