sportster 1.10 zapit files

henryk7

Inactive User
Reaction score
just got my mate a nokia from the usual place, it came with the new sportster 1.10 image with the german cables in it etc, as he is away for a week, i decided to try changing cables xml and zapit files to ours, as i have been following the image school i thought i would try this instead of just flashing the box, i have managed to overwrite the cables xml and scan configuration ok, but for some reason when i try to delete the zapit file in /bin folder, it wont delete, it just stays there and therefore wont allow me to transfer my zapit files across, just wondering if some of you guys could help me with this as to why it aint deleting. ps i know this updated image by renwich is in the downloads, but as i sais i wanted to try changing it myself...cheers guys

Only the /var section of the image can be edited. All other folders must be edited/changed before it's compiled. This must be done on your linux machine/emulation.

I may be wrong but I think that's right! :)

just got my mate a nokia from the usual place, it came with the new sportster 1.10 image with the german cables in it etc, as he is away for a week, i decided to try changing cables xml and zapit files to ours, as i have been following the image school i thought i would try this instead of just flashing the box, i have managed to overwrite the cables xml and scan configuration ok, but for some reason when i try to delete the zapit file in /bin folder, it wont delete, it just stays there and therefore wont allow me to transfer my zapit files across, just wondering if some of you guys could help me with this as to why it aint deleting. ps i know this updated image by renwich is in the downloads, but as i sais i wanted to try changing it myself...cheers guys

its a read only image m8

the var only can be writen too do some reading you con mod it i think via different ways as its a squashfs image

cheers

thanks guys, i didnt know about linux etc to edit these files, sounds a bit complicated, anyway nothing ventured, nothing gained, i have started downloading the dbox school volumes etc, its taking a bit of time downloading them, so i will give it a go once they are done and will let you know....cheers

if you can use windows then you can use linux
it is a graphical interface like windows and not as scary as you think :)

you can download a smaller linux from the vmware site for free but you will have to set it up which can be a pain.
the school one is larger because it has everything ready to go (still free :) ).

if you can use windows then you can use linux
it is a graphical interface like windows and not as scary as you think :)

you can download a smaller linux from the vmware site for free but you will have to set it up which can be a pain.
the school one is larger because it has everything ready to go (still free :) ).
thanks, i,m always willing to learn, i downloaded the vmware, got to wait all the time to download the school files

Back