Sportster 1.10 UK 2x

renwich

Inactive User
Reaction score
For those that like the Sportster images

I've not attempted to change any German menus to English apart from setting the UK language for the main menus, as I haven't the time

Heres what I've added

Setmylocation

UK Zapit for fast scanning

UK Profile

UK Clock fonts

reboot section to /var/bin/sportster

evocamd, newcamd and mgcamd

There are NO KEYS in this image

For those that like the Sportster images

I've not attempted to change any German menus to English apart from setting the UK language for the main menus, as I haven't the time

Heres what I've added

Setmylocation

UK Zapit for fast scanning

UK Profile

UK Clock fonts

reboot section to /var/bin/sportster

evocamd, newcamd and mgcamd

There are NO KEYS in this image

wow this is gonna be great!

thanks for all your hard work on this

thanks renwich
for all your hard work your a top man mate: colors1
cheers johny48

no criticising mate, love your work and much appreciated by all, but if you are updating a sportster image why not include the keys in the image as the original usually have them any way, it saves people asking how to insert them and activate them, keep up the good work

no original sportster image contains nagra roms or keys, its just UK modders who sometimes put them in, I chose not to cause it aint wot I want to do, and its not exactly difficult,,,, at the end of the day this image has been available since 24th feb,, but no one else has done anything with it,,, it is real simple to mod one of these images so why not give it ago your self....

can you post a 1 x image please
: shocked2 : shocked2

can you post a 1 x image please
: shocked2 : shocked2

use imageworks m8 to convert it - takes 2 mins, once you've done that you can post it for others if renwich doesn't mind.....

oops.... just noticed it's mtd4 a squashfs img

Last edited:
this is a squashfs image so cnnot be converted,

guy's I am willing to post the root and var , if someone with a 1x box is willing to help create the 1x, its not hard honest

Ok I aint that clever when it comes to images etc..but how is this one BETTER than the previous 1.08 version?

It has a really pretty infobar... If thats any better, and you can select between a multitude of Avia600/500 versions.
I have found a bug, I have reproduced the effects a few times.. When you re-boot it using Main Menu , then 8 to reboot, after the peower cycle it reports there is no channels.. execute a scan.. When you go into the servicescan menu It says INTERNAL ERROR , PLEASE REPORT, .. The only way to get UK scanning options back is to re-flash.

This does not happen if you shut it down manually, then power it back up.. it only happens when you use the 'reboot' option from the main menu.

Shame , because I really like the infobar on channel hopping.

Tony.

Stopped at boot logo?

I flashed Sportster 1.10 and it stopped with the boot logo and (I think) loading kernel.

No network connectivity (was it DHCP by default?)

I reflashed to Sportster 1.08 and all happy again ?

This was on a Nokia.

Must have been a bad flash (via yWeb over WDS :) ), I flashed via ftp method,
and it works OK. Very nice!

One issue, the channel OSD that appears when you switch channels, the bottom of this appears below the widescreen picture causing my TV to shrink it all trying to auto-format it, and then restore it when the OSD dissappears. Not sure if it's just me though!!

I had problems with keys updating and only fta working

tried a different cam -mgcamd and it works well

also i used the sporster update and got and newer version pmsl

also i noticed it locks up without the ethernet cbale plugged in but somehow i got around it ?

lmao

One issue, the channel OSD that appears when you switch channels, the bottom of this appears below the widescreen picture causing my TV to shrink it all trying to auto-format it, and then restore it when the OSD dissappears. Not sure if it's just me though!!

I think ypu can correct this using the OSD region setting in the video settings. Not got this image myself, but every image i ever had had this setting.

Tin.

Hi, I must be missing something here, but what is the default password for this image, i have tried the usual combination of root and dbox2, however this doesn't seam to work.

Thanks
cashy

Ingore that please, running commando lol, thats why its a different password.

anyone have problems with the clock not displaying properly? I seem to lose some numbers from the time!

hi renwich
could you please tell me why some channels are lock out with the new sporter img
and some are allright
thankyou danny

I used to be a hardcore Sportster fan, however, having moved to xenafan's UK images (Blade and Andromedia) I have been able to enjoy the full features of the dbox as I can actually understand the language now! Plus the compatibility is much better.

Having said that though, it does have a very nice infobar!

Back