Splitting the incoming feed

phezo

DW Member ++
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Whats the best way to go about splitting the feed thats incoming from the main box? will i need some sort of Ftype 3 way to do so?

Also, a mate has a analogue feed into his house and I took my box around to watch the game but it didnt work, is there a different mainfeed wall box for the old analogue systems that gets upgraded for the digital?

Thanks again.. :p
Phezo

Well when I had cable fitted the installer had to change the junction box on the wall so there may be some kind of filtering in the old juntion box on analouge

But any 2 way cable splitter (can be obtained off ebay) should be ok.

Hi mate, I made this document up for a few people that needed it - hope its of some use to you.

I have analogue myself and it works fine; so not too sure what could have been the problem there.

Liam

i found it just as cheap to buy the ready made kits avalable on elbay already made for you

Also up and till a couple of months ago i had an anolouge box plugged into my digital feed and it worked fine

mikeanthony said:
i found it just as cheap to buy the ready made kits avalable on elbay already made for you

Also up and till a couple of months ago i had an anolouge box plugged into my digital feed and it worked fine

The old anolouge boxes use the same feed as the digital boxes and the splitters are ready to use, you don't need to make your own.

when i said ready made i mean

kit contains

splitter box
2 lengths of coax
4 f connections
1 f to coax adapter

all put together so u dont have to buy anything

also thats what i was saying the feed worked with both digi and anolouge

Im intrested to know, once you split the signal are you able to use the legit box as well as the dBox?

If just got a dBox2 and was going to put it in the front room but i was wondering if i could then split the cable and use the legit TW box in my bedroom? i guess i would not be able to watch differnt channels but at least have some form of TW service in the bedroom

i am not an expert but if you have two differnt recivers i would say yeah you could watch diff channels everything that comes into your house is off one line anyway

Oh right :) Thats even better then, i assume theres no issuse with the ammount of time you split the cable? as it already split once for my cable modem and ill need to split it again for the dBox and the TW Digi Box

i have split the feed from the box that they put in on the inside of your house. (they do that so it looks neater rather than black coax from the outside floating around in your house) also there is frequency block thing inside the white box too (dont know really what that does).

But anyway i bought a 4way f type splitter from my local maplin and hooked it up the feed coming from the outside of my house with some f connectors also from there or you could get some professional ones from ebay (the one that ntl telewest use)

take the connection that goes from the block and connect it to the splitter.

the signal should be split equally and you can connect, broardband, 3 dboxes etc.. its works fine for me.

these are the links

the 4 way splitter : http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=29531&doy=2m12

the f connectors : http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=10447&&source=14&doy=2m12

i have currently have the analog tv package and 1meg broardband, all the feeds for all broardband, analog and digital tv come down it. All you need is a reciever to decode it. i.e dboxes etc. i have my original analog box as well as a couple of dboxes as well as my broadband connected to it. all work fine!

Hope this helps!

Right, sounds ideal! If i knew about this before hand i wouldnt have subsciribed to the TV service :) oh well least i can have two boxes for £5.50 a month :)

Just need the 10mb service to be rolled out in bradford now :D

set top box signal

i have just put a second ntl digital box in my bedroom i have it running off a 2 way splitter but the channels are freezing up i know its something to do with the signal i have checked the cable and connectors i dont know what else to do please help me

Back