spliting bb line

mikeanthony

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi I am due to receive my dbox2 soon and was just wondering if splitting the modem feed to connect the dbox will have any adverse effects on my modem

i.e.: loss of speed

thanks for any info

Ive got a box set up that way without any problems and i know it will work with just a broadband connection without a tv subscription

Na m8 wont effect broadband at all but get good quality cable and a splitter !

I am also going to be doing the same, I shall be buying a good quality 2 way splitter, and replacing the connector that comes into the house, that just gives off 1 connection for the modem.

As I will be making the cable up myself, what connectors do I need on each end, to plug into a dbox.

Apologies for hi-jacking your thread

Cheers
Steve

Well to begin with good quality (satelite co-ax) pref the type with solid copper sheilding between the plastic coating of the centere core and the outer braid, 'F' connectors X4 1X good quality tv type co-ax plug for the box and let's not forget the spliter 2 way all of the above can be found at maplins www.maplins.co.uk. hope this helps

Thanks for the info guys put my mind at rest i had a sudden thought of losing speed from my modem after buying the box i found a place that sells a little spliter kit everything you need from same place i got my Box

hi, where u buy

where u buy the dbox from am also gonna get one

Don’t think I am allowed to say on here mate

I haven’t yet received it

New members cannot receive PM's until after about 10 posts I think. I always make the mistake of telling people to clear up their PM boxes when they only have 1 post and joined on here the day before... PM boxes only get activated after a certain amount of time :)

Liam

I can receive but only 1 at a time I ignored your pm as you already asked me the same question somewhere else and I give you an answer I using the same username

a telewest engineer put a splitter in here for broadband and cable tv he said it will effect the speed but you wont notice it and i didnt even ask him if it would, im still getting better than anyone on adsl and i dont think its lower than anyone elses. i got 4mb broadband and on speed test i can download at nearly 500kbps max

Last edited:
i am with Npl all the connections that come in are split from the 1 main line aint they ?

also i already got a pace box that aint exactly legal down stairs this wont effect it either will it?

mikeanthony said:
i am with Npl all the connections that come in are split from the 1 main line aint they ?

also i already got a pace box that aint exactly legal down stairs this wont effect it either will it?

All your connections are split from the brown box outside your house, adding another box should not affect anything. I have broadband and two boxes in my house.

you can get all the gear you need from maplins
a decent 2 way splitter and good quality cable
i have mine up and running and still get perfect vision and broadband

Moley-UK said:
I am also going to be doing the same, I shall be buying a good quality 2 way splitter, and replacing the connector that comes into the house, that just gives off 1 connection for the modem.

As I will be making the cable up myself, what connectors do I need on each end, to plug into a dbox.

Apologies for hi-jacking your thread

Cheers
Steve

People, do not replace the single connector as this is not a splitter it is an isolator, if lightning strikes and you do not have this on it will kill the box and your cable modem. Please only remove this if you realy have to.

de_deej

Just noticed that actually, wont be touching that then, i'll just put the splitter on a short cable from the isolator, then just plug my normal modem cable in, and the new cable for the dbox.

Cheers :)

Back