splash.bmp

Bally12345

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Does this have to be a 24bit .bmp no larger than 720x480 or could you use a jpg or even higher resolution?

Why cant it be higher resolution and jpg or mvi?

Heres a preview of the splash.bmp I use instead of default provided by image makers.

splash.jpg

Attachments

• splash.rar
    72.5 KB · Views: 35
I think you can only install when you flash an image you put in same folder as the so in the cfe folder with the oe_kernel.bin and oe_rootfs.bin file and flash to box as normal

download the file to a usb stick, then create the folder structure as follows

update/tmtwin/cfe/

and dump the file in there

put the usb into your receiver, turn the power off and back on, and the screen will prompt you to press OK to update, press OK (on the receiver, not the remote) it will update within a few seconds. remove the usb, turn off and back on, and you will see the new splash screen within seconds

Would i need to update an image on the receiver or does this just override the current splash screen with a new one?

Thanks guys it worked a charm, now another question do you know how to get rid of the IQ Team screen and put my own one there.

Thanks guys it worked a charm, now another question do you know how to get rid of the IQ Team screen and put my own one there.

There are various MVI files like bootlogo backdrop etc. You need to run a pic through Dream Logo Generator to create the MVI and then just replace them

Vec what folder on the receiver is the file based which needs replacing?

files go in /usr/share and /usr/share/enigma2 for radio.mvi

usr/share/Radio.mvi
usr/share/backdrop.mvi
usr/share/bootlogo.mvi
usr/share/enigma2/black.mvi
usr/share/enigma2/radio.mvi
usr/share/finished.mvi
usr/share/loading.mvi
usr/share/radio.mvi
usr/share/shutdown.mvi
usr/share/switchoff.mvi
usr/share/wait.mvi

not sure if they're all valid on all images

after your bootloader screen (splash.bmp), bootlogo shows and then switches to backdrop when you get to "checking keys"

After you change the splash i've noticed the original does not come back even if you update the image or re-install one.

That is how it is meant to be.

The splash screen will remain until you flash another one. Most images do not contain one in the installation folder.

Additionally, I like to delete the folder from usb drive before transferring a new image. Otherwise, if the new image you transfer does not contain the splash screen/kernel and you have one from another image, the "un-replaced" files will also get installed. Hope that makes sense.

Stick a favourite picture on it.

Last edited:
You have 1 post because the rest have been removed due to not contributing to the forum
We like to help new members but don't enjoy running around removing unnecessary posts just so you can download :(
Please read this 5 Posts before being able to download

not working to me also

why not working

does this download work ??

why not working please anyone can help

Back