Spiders

skybabe

DW Member +
Reaction score
im hiding from peeps i owe money to so if anyone a
hiya guys,

was after a bit of advice my boy is spider mad and he has decided he wants one for his b-day in dec,

Now i will of course be supervising and taking full responsability for the 8 legged fury thing but my question is what spider lol and how do i go about doing this like what do i need an that, whats the best spider to get and so on.

does anyone have anything like this or any advice that will help me on my way oh and what do they eat to

you normally need to feed them with live crickets.

One of my mates used to keep one when we were at school, he had a Chilean Rose. They get quite big, but are harmless, it is a tarantula, but not the famous red kneed one.

You need to keep a lot of crickets and feed them as well, my friend used to put a slice of lemon or lime in each box to keep them going.

They dont need a huge amount of space if memory serves, I think the size of the tank defines how large they can get. As the petshop you buy it from (dont get it online as you have no idea about the quality), they will be able to give you all the advice you need on it.

Ewww they bloody horrible things aint they lol still thats what he got his heart set on just gotta talk digidude round now lol thanks for info guys some good reading there,

be intrested to hear if anyone has kept them on here tho anyone got any experiances to share. ?

I had a Chilean Rose for about 4 years, easyest pet in the world to look after. A couple of crickets every other day and a slice of cucumber. Dont worry about there bite, just like 2 bee stings ( but never had one myself), its there bum hairs to worry about, they are very fine and barbed so they could blind you if you get them in your eyes. Its there first defence mechanism, if they are scared they will flick there bum hair at you with there hind legs. So when you go to buy one see if hes got a bald bum, if he has hes a flicker! Or its a woman whos just sorted her bikini line for summer :)

yes thats true, the hairs are quite a pest with these things are they not?

I saw my mates do this once, they do it so fast its amazing. But they can be hazardous if you are asthmatic etc

Back