Spiderbox EPG files for USB load

the spiderbox epg downloads will probably stop working from the middle of the month onwards

people like myself who host the rytec epg information for free on our own webspace, noticed a HUGE jump in bandwidth when spiderboxes started to leech this information (mine went up by at least 780Gb a month)

emails had been sent to people involved with spiderboxes, they could host the files themselfs and tell spiderboxes to download from their own servers, but there was never any response, so now everyone loses out, as ALL hosts have put a limit on how much bandwidth rytec info can use, and it gets eaten up pretty quickly on some servers who have limited them to 'only' 100Gb of data a month

the people who create the software for spiderboxes can easily fix this, but they choose not to, so EVERYBODY who relies on the rytec xml files loses out as a result

the spiderbox epg downloads will probably stop working from the middle of the month onwards

people like myself who host the rytec epg information for free on our own webspace, noticed a HUGE jump in bandwidth when spiderboxes started to leech this information (mine went up by at least 780Gb a month)

emails had been sent to people involved with spiderboxes, they could host the files themselfs and tell spiderboxes to download from their own servers, but there was never any response, so now everyone loses out, as ALL hosts have put a limit on how much bandwidth rytec info can use, and it gets eaten up pretty quickly on some servers who have limited them to 'only' 100Gb of data a month

the people who create the software for spiderboxes can easily fix this, but they choose not to, so EVERYBODY who relies on the rytec xml files loses out as a result

It's a great shame as the software team for the Spiderbox HD receivers have always been one of the better teams and have often provided whatever the members asked for.
I suppose that it's to much to ask for never ending support as the market changes so frequently, this years best is not so hot next year and practically obsolete the year after but having said that the Spiderbox HD receivers are still one of the better made and work well. Lets hope that support continues for a little longer, members who have found out the full capabilities of the Spiderbox need not worry, members using Ethernet might consider looking at ways to extend their Spiderbox, it's all covered in the stickies.

my idea was to take my spiderbox hd9000 and a 80cm dish moterised set up.

however a friend has told me the apartment complex i wish to live at does not allow SATELITTE DISHES to be fitted externally , which is a real blow to me, i do not know if there is anything on thev market which recieves sat siignals but is not obviously a dish?

if i go for subscription as in the uk(sky or virgin) i believe canal+ or sky is avaliable ? butb this i assume would all be all spanish dialogue with no option to change language as with sat recievers.

i am not sure/how to acsses bbc /itv etc from abroad using the internet

my idea was to take my spiderbox hd9000 and a 80cm dish moterised set up.

however a friend has told me the apartment complex i wish to live at does not allow SATELITTE DISHES to be fitted externally , which is a real blow to me, i do not know if there is anything on thev market which recieves sat siignals but is not obviously a dish?

if i go for subscription as in the uk(sky or virgin) i believe canal+ or sky is avaliable ? butb this i assume would all be all spanish dialogue with no option to change language as with sat recievers.

i am not sure/how to acsses bbc /itv etc from abroad using the internet

I think you have this concept a little mixed up mate as you still need a satelite dish to access the stuff we are talking about.

You "can" watch BBC or ITV over the internet using the BBC IPlayer or ITVPlayer but both block the content if you use a foreign ISP IP Address as far as I am aware.
Best to look at a complex that has cable with UK Feeds or a place that lets you put your dish up. (Doesnt have to go on a wall it could be in the garden or on the patio.

Good luck

Back