Spiderbox 7000HD PVR HD - Fat32 or NTFS?

Mafioso

Inactive User
Reaction score
Been told the receiver does not support NTFS formatted Hard-Drives, is this true? What's the filesize for a 1 hr HD recording? What format are recording in?

pretty sure its fat32
Think its about 4 gb for 1hr but not 100% and not at home to check

Its Fat 32 but it should still save a file over 4gb. Im sure its only limited to data transfer via usb.

So you can have file sizes greater of 4gb on a fat 32 HDD.

Thanks for the replies. What format are recordings stored in, mpeg4, wmv etc, etc?

Yes, HDD must be formatted in FAT32.

The recorded files are trp files.

The recordings are split into max 4GB files on the HDD but on the Spiderbox they are shown as one single recording.

Thanks for the replies. One last thing. Are the Hi-Def recordings the same quality as the broadcast e.g. 720p/720i? Sorry for all the questions but my main use will be for Hi-Def PVR and I want to edit files on my PC. I already have a motorised system and DVR so don't want to buy something that does the same job.

the recordings are identical as far as i can see,also most stuff i see if broadcast at 1080i .
Do a small recording on usb pen and it will tell you

the recordings are identical as far as i can see,also most stuff i see if broadcast at 1080i .
Do a small recording on usb pen and it will tell you

I will when I get one! If someone can PM a seller I would be grateful. I don't want to use als*at as the guy on the phone sounds a right twat.

Thank you very much for all your help and advise. I'm expected my receiver sometime tomorrow.

Back