spider box 9000hd twin tuner?

White Van Man

Inactive User
Reaction score
i am thinking of getting a spider box 9000hd but what i can't seem to find out does it have a twin tuner so i can watch one channel while recording another like sly plus.I have also noticed people have had problems with the 7000 on vm broadband has anybody had issues with the 9000 on vm broadband.

No, it only has one tuner.

Be aware that a lot of people are having trouble with the 'gift'. (connection probs, freezing,...). I also have probs. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I can't count the times I have had to reboot for it to get working again. This can be a pain if you want to watch something like a film or if you wan't to record it. And the supporting site will not be very helpful regarding this matter if the basic solutions don't work.

For the rest it's a good box though.

No, it only has one tuner.

Be aware that a lot of people are having trouble with the 'gift'. (connection probs, freezing,...). I also have probs. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I can't count the times I have had to reboot for it to get working again. This can be a pain if you want to watch something like a film or if you wan't to record it. And the supporting site will not be very helpful regarding this matter if the basic solutions don't work.

For the rest it's a good box though.

are the issues with vm only or is it the free gift

i own, and install, spiderboxes, and the receiver itself is a tidy bit of kit. does what it says on the box, simple to use, and pretty idiot proof, could do with a few tweaks for some things, but hardware wise, you cant fault it

when the spiderbox was first announced, along with its 'gift' the first thing i said was that itd be good for a while, then start to break down as more people owned one and connected to the gift servers, untill it came to a tipping point, where it would become unuseable, due to overloading, and any complaints would be met with 'we only sell the boxes, the manufacturers supply the gift access' and theres the get out clause for the retailers

if buying for the 'gift' its a waste of money, if buying for the hardware, to use alongside server access, for a simple to use HD box, you probably wont be let down, as it does what it says on the box

but ive had a feeling for over a year, that by winter 2011 there will be an all new 'whateverbox' to replace the spiderbox, and the circle starts again

but

in saying all that, its still a good bit of kit, and the best remote ive ever seen :)

Spot on Digi, decent box nice and easy to use but people should forget the Gift, it's went the way you predicted months ago.

The new thing will be an IPTV Spiderbox. You won't even need a dish anymore and will be totally relying on servers. Going on the quality of the "gift" service I won't be getting one of those.

Many people were thinking it would be an added feature on theri HD9000 or HD7000 but it actually is a new box. Someone's bad grasp of English may have brought some confusion (you know who I mean).

What I find strange about the "gift" is that none of the mods on the supporting forum have any problem of any kind, while there are so many people that do have problems. I guess they don't actually watch it for long enough themselves to encounter problems.

Just to repeat. It's a good box but don't buy it for the "gift". I think that the Protek 9700HD would be better if you are really looking for a service like that that works (better). Though I don't own one and have never tried one.

Regards.

i think what he is after is a reciever with recording facilities similar to a sly box(wife friendly)
also that has and will continue to have good support and is linux based

i think what he is after is a reciever with recording facilities similar to a sly box(wife friendly)
also that has and will continue to have good support and is linux based

Yes bro this is correct defo wife friendly I would never hear the last of it if she found it hard to use lol.I am not bothered about the free gift as i can get better.I will get motorised dish and keep the sly plus box for free view as most programs she wants to record are on fta channels anyway.what's the support like on these spider box's ? i have also been looking at V+ duo time to make me mind up soon

but ive had a feeling for over a year, that by winter 2011 there will be an all new 'whateverbox' to replace the spiderbox, and the circle starts again

What we need is for Humax to release a HD successor the Humax 5400 and not this freesat bollock or the Icord etc, etc. The 5400 was built to last, went through two in about 12 years and well supported with firmware and you could open everything - Taquilla and Premiere World etc, etc.

What I find strange about the "gift" is that none of the mods on the supporting forum have any problem of any kind, while there are so many people that do have problems. I guess they don't actually watch it for long enough themselves to encounter problems.

You don't hear about problems with the gift because those posts will be deleted from their board.

The new thing will be an IPTV Spiderbox. You won't even need a dish anymore and will be totally relying on servers. Going on the quality of the "gift" service I won't be getting one of those.

At £339 they'll have a job shifting those. You can get a S*y sub for that.

What I find strange about the "gift" is that none of the mods on the supporting forum have any problem of any kind,
Regards.

if The MODs staarting saying i have problems then admain will move post and bann mod hehehe they all have to say YES SIR lol

You don't hear about problems with the gift because those posts will be deleted from their board.

Well not all of them get deleted.

I thinkt there are more posts per day of people complaining about the gift not working or freezing than about any other subject.

Maybe the admins just can't keep up with the deleting lol.

Back