spider and fixed dish size to get disney/nick

sb94707

Inactive User
Reaction score
hello all.
just after keeping the kids happy with nickelodian, and disney, and some movies for me.
anyone help with what size dish would be required, and where I need to point to. im in east midlands area ok uk.
Thanks.

For just sky anything over 65cm would be ok as long as you have clear line of sight.As for a reciever youd need somthing capable of sharing a card.

hello , thanks for quick reply.
I was hoping that 1 of the satelites included in the gift would give me disney/some cartoon channels, and some movies without needing to motorise.
any clues where i would need to point ?
Cheers

hello , thanks for quick reply.
I was hoping that 1 of the satelites included in the gift would give me disney/some cartoon channels, and some movies without needing to motorise.
any clues where i would need to point ?
Cheers

on spiderbox can go 13 east 16 east etc theres loads you could do monoblock type lnb on 80cm dish

ok just googled monoblock, and I understand, fixed dish with 2 lnb's.
you mention 13 & 16, so thats hotbird and eurobird. - so i get one thats separated by 4 Degrees ? or ca they be manually adjusted?

I have found a huge list of channels provided by GIFT on link:
http://www.************.co.uk/forums/f11/spiderbox-9000-hd-64671/
but can anyone please summarise what avail in english on 13 & 16 in english ? as the list isnt clear to me.

Ta.

ive just checked all the different versions of nick on my motorised system and the only version which is clearing with the gift is the dutch version in canal digitaal/nl. there are 3 fta versions, 1 on badr4 which is in arabic and the other 2 on astra1 are in german. disney ch is available via emu/softcam on eurobird9 with english audio. disney and disney xd are available on astra1 and hotbird via the gift server but are not clearing as i write this. regards mdt

thanks mdt..
seems like trying to keep the 4 yr old, and 11 yr old happy with tv requirements wont be so easy.
need to read a bit more maybe to see what else is out there
thanks all for your input. may be back later.

You can pick up the channels you want on a fixed dish set to Astra but not with gift, there is much more to this receiver than gift.

hello mafioso.
Any chance of some additional info.
Are we talking about c/s
Ta.

Back