Speed Cams

dar1437

Worldz Biggest Oddball
VIP Member
Reaction score
Morning all :)

Whilst driving along a dual carriageway in the middle of my backwater town, i noticed a few very tall yellow camera looking things (2 per pole)
Are these just regular cameas, or ate they some new hight tech devices that time you from one to tje other to calculate your speed?
:)

They are average speed check
You pass through 1 set, then a few miles down the road you will pass through another set.
Number plate recognition will then use the time taken between the 2 sets to calculate your average speed.
If you have passed through the 2 sets to quickly then it knows you have exceeded the speed limit at some point and snap you for speeding.

It stops people speeding up between speed cameras.

I don't know if they still do but average speed cams used to get confused if you changed lanes, ie if you go past entrance camera in lane 1 but go past exit camera in lane 2 (or 3 if 3 lane carriageway) or vice versa.

Not all are working, to exspensive to operate the older type. Where were you, what road.

Sorry don't know those cameras, with luck they won't work or be monitored.

I don't know if they still do but average speed cams used to get confused if you changed lanes, ie if you go past entrance camera in lane 1 but go past exit camera in lane 2 (or 3 if 3 lane carriageway) or vice versa.

An Urban Myth that was all the rage a few years ago.

They are now digital, so most likely working.
Not like the old Gatso cameras, where they had film.

Film FFS, that IS going back lol!

I used to drive on the A697 a lot and there were numerous cameras, but they only 'caught' you from the rear. However, if you sped towards one on the other side of the road (i.e. intended for the oncoming traffic) it still flashed. My nasty side made me do this deliberately if there was a car passing it, they'd sweat it out for two weeks waiting for the letter that never came!

Morning all :)

Whilst driving along a dual carriageway in the middle of my backwater town, i noticed a few very tall yellow camera looking things (2 per pole)
Are these just regular cameas, or ate they some new hight tech devices that time you from one to tje other to calculate your speed?
:)
average speed need to say if no note saying its not but the new ones what they have up are to get you on your mobile,or anything like that,the other is to make sure your car is fit for the road,ie mot insured taxed and why not the easy person to get sh.t on is the car driver ,average speed cams must say it is ,the others they say its for safty so no notes.

average speed need to say if no note saying its not but the new ones what they have up are to get you on your mobile,or anything like that,the other is to make sure your car is fit for the road,ie mot insured taxed and why not the easy person to get sh.t on is the car driver ,average speed cams must say it is ,the others they say its for safty so no notes.
How would they get you on your mobile?? :)

looks right into car it gets your reg your face and mobile ,they are putting everywhere .
when you go on motorway you will see a cam yellow looks wrong again to see in car for mobile ,and what have you ,easy to get to car driver,i think they should get a real job ,when you see police on radio what the diff between radio and mobile,i think one for us another for them.

motorway speed cams on side gantry, always take a pic of rear of car cos most use a flash, the "monitor" cameras on smart motorways can take front or back pictures, have no flash and are not speed cameras, they are the ones which can catch you on your phone etc.

Are you saying that the technology can tell if your holding a phone (not scratching your ear)?
Or is there an actual human watching a large screen? Lol

You have to pass an 'in' and an 'out' camera on the average speed cameras, so hopefully you will have got away with it! Good luck

Zoom in and out, very clear pic, can see what's in your hand ,sandwich cup phone Tec. Not monitored 24 7 but each one does get a look at sometime during 24 hour period.

motorway speed cams on side gantry, always take a pic of rear of car cos most use a flash, the "monitor" cameras on smart motorways can take front or back pictures, have no flash and are not speed cameras, they are the ones which can catch you on your phone etc.
yes every where you go you see them.ones on bridges are like the ones in petrol stations,see were you are you cant far now adays.

Back