Speed Camera Van things.

witchy

Banned for good!
Reaction score
You know those Transit vans that you get at the side of the road and they've got a big camera sticking out the back of it watching out for speeding motorists?

Well, do they always flash you when they catch u?

I was overtaking an OAP (or it might have been a corpse) in a 30 zone and i spotted the Police van at the last second, I'm sure it must have caught me but I didn't see a flash.

You know those Transit vans that you get at the side of the road and they've got a big camera sticking out the back of it watching out for speeding motorists?

Well, do they always flash you when they catch u?

I was overtaking an OAP (or it might have been a corpse) in a 30 zone and i spotted the Police van at the last second, I'm sure it must have caught me but I didn't see a flash.

i got caught doing 71 in a 50 didnt know untill it was to late went back and asked did you he said yep told him to get a real job lol

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I'm pretty sure they don't flash.

The flash is needed for the static cameras as they get a snap of the passing car - and they're expected to work at night as well as during the day.

These vans get longer to focus on the reg of the target car so don't need a flash.

fingers crossed they didn't get you!!

by law i thought there had to be road signs to let you know there is a mobile speed camers ahead

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I'm pretty sure they don't flash.

The flash is needed for the static cameras as they get a snap of the passing car - and they're expected to work at night as well as during the day.

These vans get longer to focus on the reg of the target car so don't need a flash.

fingers crossed they didn't get you!!

no flash just saw the van i got 3 point any way lol 60 fine lol not realy funny lol

by law i thought there had to be road signs to let you know there is a mobile speed camers ahead

Nope only in areas where the council take some of the revinue.

Also you will find there is loads of signs round most towns anyway telling you there may be enforcement cameras.

The simplest thing to do is not speed. Easier said than done though!

Anyway anyone that overtakes in a 30 is a cock! There maybe Kids about! They are 30 for a reason! OAP or not!

They don't flash chum, thats why they dont operate at night, it would mean flashing a big bright light into the eyes of drivers lol

Still I hope you were not caught

The don't flash as they use a LTI 20/20 which is a completely different type of camera to the Gatso/ Truvelo etc...However the use of 20/02's is in dispute at the moment and some forces have even gone so far as to remove them from use...

They are sneaky little feckers lol they had an old van here just off the motorway, where it goes goes from 70mph to 50mph and they had one side of the van up on a jack as if they had a puncture lmao dirty coonts !

Anyway anyone that overtakes in a 30 is a cock! There maybe Kids about! They are 30 for a reason! OAP or not!

FFS, how much did I just know someone would have something to say on this.

It's not a typical built up area, it's a road that is 60mph then suddenly drops to 30mph, there are no houses near the road as it is a road that is exiting town and heading towards coutryside. The OAP was doing about 15 mph.

You basically called me a cock, in that case you are also a cock. :)

lol.. this is getting intresting.... pmsl..

witchy totally agree with you mate.. it just pisses you off when someone is doing a 40mph on a 60mph motorway.. as if they have nothing better to do and just out for a drive.. t**ers.. pure late to get to work sometimes..

Back