Soundblaster live 5.1 card

Taff

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have changed my pc case today and there are leads for speaker and mic ports on the front of the case, I can see many pins on the card but nothing signifies what pin is what

does anyone have a pin out of the card please..

regards

Taff

Apparently this will give you the pinout for you creative sound card:
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic7670.html said:
Click Start and go to Programs - Creative - SoundBlaster Live!. Click Users' Guide.
From the Contents tab, choose Hardware Information, and then click Connectors and Pin Assignment.
Choose the device for which you wish to view the pin assignment.
If you need more help there is a more in depth answer on the site I've quoted.

cheers m8 tried that and computer hard disk led flashes vigorously and stops and nothing displayed ???

thats why i posted here after i had exausted all other avenues...

thanks pal

Regards

Taff

the front connectors are specifically for connections on the mother board, most modern boards with onboard sound have front connector blocks now.

Its unlikely your card will support these connectors.

cheers m8 tried that and computer hard disk led flashes vigorously and stops and nothing displayed ???

thats why i posted here after i had exausted all other avenues...

thanks pal

Regards

Taff

I've found a pinout on the creative website, don't know if it will help and it looks like there are 2 different headers (3 or 4 pin) but I've attached the two different pinouts.

You should be able to just connect the mic from the front panel (but no promises) with 'mic in' being the +ve lead, the -ve lead will connect to 'Mic Power/BIAS'. Because you are not using the ground you may get interference from your case.

NB like anything, if you're not using the correct connector you run the risk of damaging your equipment.

Back