Sound Volume Icon in Taskbar

stevedw

DW Member ++
Reaction score
How do I make the Sound volume icon in the Taskbar always appear. I went to control panel and Sound and Audio devices then clicked 'Place volume icon in the taskbar' It appeared but after the computer is restarted the volume icon isnt there again. thanks for any help.

go into control panel / sounds and put a tick in box to allways show in task bar, it may be a hiden icon when computer reboots is there a little arrow next to clock.

go into control panel / sounds and put a tick in box to allways show in task bar, it may be a hiden icon when computer reboots is there a little arrow next to clock.

I went to control panel and clicked Sound, Speech, and Audio Devices then clicked Sound and Audio Devices but it just says Place volume icon in the taskbar. No sign of 'always show in task bar'.

Yes there's an arrow next to the clock when i click it, it still doesnt show the icon after the computer reboots.

right click taskbar
choose properties
on the taskbar tab click customize
browse to your volume icon and select always show and save ;)

I did that, right clicked properties then Customize but it still doesnt show the Volume icon when Windows starts. Ive made a screenshot of what it showed.

my.php

Last edited:
does it show up at all in the task bar or is it just hidden?

No it doesnt show up at all even when i click the arrow button in the taskbar. The only way i can get it to show up is by going to Control Panel, then Sound, speech and audio devices.

well in that cae mate grab WinXP Manager from download section mate
theres a section where you can repair missing system icons ;)

well in that cae mate grab WinXP Manager from download section mate
theres a section where you can repair missing system icons ;)

Thanks. Ive downloaded WinXP Manager but it says Microsoft .NET Framework is required to run it which i dont have installed. Do you need a validated version of windows xp to install Microsoft .NET Framework as the file size is about 22mb. Im using dial-up so i dont want to download a 22mb file and find out i cant install Microsoft .NET Framework.

nah mate it should be ok if its letting you download :)
usually they ask you to validate before you can download.
if you use xp pro use my little patch you can find in the downloads section and then you have a fully validated operating system ;)

Back