Sound Problem

telsave

DW Member +
Reaction score
Hi M'8s Can anyone help with this. My PC is selective what sounds work on it. What do I mean - it plays cd's and DVD's OK from their drives, it plays music from the hard drive but it refuses to play sound from WEB sites and from my Pinnacle Studio film maker which uses the pinnacle capture card.

All settings are set in playback; CD audio controld etc i am presently going very bald tearing my hair out as I ned to edit a movie but without sound I may as well be working with Charlie Chaplin so any help would be gratefully received.

regards

Are you using a sound card or on-board sound? Either way up date your drivers. The drivers for on-board sound should be on the motherboard manufacturer's website.

Regarding sounds not playing on the 'net, if you're using IE make sure sounds are turned on under Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab, scroll to Multimedia and make sure that the box next to play sounds is ticked. (Sorry, I've no access to Firefox atm).

I'm not familiar with Pinnacal, but assumung that you're using some sort of Video-In card make sure that your line in/mic is not set too low.

Hi Thanks for help M8's it is really appreciated that you took time out to try to help. After trying various things the problem has been solved.

regards