sotmod guides and files

Re: Wii soft modding guide for 4.2e system firmware

does this work on all 4.2e

i get to where i press 1 then my trouble starts the screen shot you have posted is different to yours.mine says
the homebrew channel can be installed
dvdx can be installed
bootmii can only be installed as an ios
the installed version prevents a boot2 install (-2)
does this mean that i cannot hack my wii. thanks in advance

i get to where i press 1 then my trouble starts the screen shot you have posted is different to yours.mine says
the homebrew channel can be installed
dvdx can be installed
bootmii can only be installed as an ios
the installed version prevents a boot2 install (-2)
does this mean that i cannot hack my wii. thanks in advance

The mod still can be done if bootmii is installed as an ios its harder to recover if you brick it.

Are you on 4.2?

What guide are you using? Is it this one?

Last edited by a moderator:

yeah i have now done this.The only problem i have is the last part where you copy folder 4 to load the game from the wii game channel this part didnt work.I can play the game through the neo gamma and i am happy with this.Would just like to know if it makes any difference?Can i save the game through neo gamma?Also if i have got this far is it all ok is there a chance it might all go wrong and if it does what would i do.anyway thanks alot as you can see im new to all this but with this guide it was all striaght forward and it only took an hour.i love this site you guys rock

I would also like to know if this is suppose to allow you to play dvds.because it doesnt for me on version 4.2e

hi iv followed this tutorial to the point where u uninstall ios249.wad and it will not uninstall i juet get errors deleting tickets error 4100 deleting title contents error 106 and deleting title error 106 and i really dont know what to do any advice plz?

does this work on all 4.2e

it did but there is now a new 4.2e on the update channel that it might not work with anyone willing to risk taking the update if they have a nand backup please let us know what happens to the softmod

edogg

edogg do u have any ideas on my problem please???????????????? it doesnt matter what tutorial i use i cant uninstall ios249.wad im stuck at this point every time

Last edited:

this is what my guide says in step 7
Restart the Wii and open HBC again.
This time you just want to open Wad Manager from the HBC screen (Not by pressing HOME and Bootmii)
Once open choose IOS249 when it asks what IOS to use (It will probably already be selected)
Next choose SD Card and then install "Neo.wad", then exit.
You should now be done and have NEO gamma on your main channels page.

it does not say uninstall IOS249 in fact it is a good job you haven't succeeded in uninstalling that IOS as it is needed for the softmod and other things to work

edogg

done the softmod on my Wii and I get Error 001 when I try to play Mario karts? anyone any Idears....please

It still won't allow me to delete IOS222 and IOS223 because it just seems to freeze. Anyone have any ideas?

done the softmod on my Wii and I get Error 001 when I try to play Mario karts? anyone any Idears....please

001:
Unauthorized Device Detected. Possibly an outdated or missing IOS. Update to latest ios249

It still won't allow me to delete IOS222 and IOS223 because it just seems to freeze. Anyone have any ideas?

Have a look at this guide it is easier to folllow.

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/227035/

where can i get .....Update to latest ios249.....please

Yeah but because i've done the steps on this guide could it mean there would be a problem if i start again with a different guide? Like overwriting stuff or something?

You should be fine starting a different guide. At this stage you will of installed bootmii backup nand and start ballys one, with the pictures its easy to do take your time and follow the tut exactly.

Back