sorry for being a pest DBOX2 help

S

seat_lion

right people

ive tried to load a new image file using ifa as i was advised to do as my box its sticking at the loading kernel page however everytime i try it it seems to fail im def using a crossover cable and i chnaged all my settings and turned all firewalls off but when u look at the bottom right hand corner of the dbox boot manager it says pinging dbox2....failed

so do u guys have any idea what i cud be doing wrong i dunno how to get the ip address of the box and im not sure of the ip details i shud def be using but have been using 192.168.0.2 then tried 192.168.1.1 as some of the guides have suggested but still no joy

i believe i flashed the wrong type of image on to the box originally which is why its not passing the loading kernel part but i have no clue how to rectify the problem and i dont have a nullmodem cable to check what the readings are sayin

and its def not flashing as i have left the box for over an hour and it stays on the same screen

any ideas on rectifying this wud be greatful

do u start hte IFA before u boot the dbox? i think the dbox is found when it boots up. so if ur try to flash a running dbox it wont work

to get the ip address of your box what you do is switch on your d dox and connect to tv dont connect it to your computer yet press dbox on your remote control go to settings then to network and your ip addres should be there take a note of it then put that ip address in remember when you change your network settings and if you use flashfxp if your reading is 192.168.1.100 you put in 192.168.1.99 then when you connect to the computer you put in the first number which was 192.168.1.100 if you are using IFA then as long as you have changed your network setting to that of the d box it does the rest try it a couple of times if it does not work also read liamcraydens tut and also jbbhoy1 tut

Hi m8 i had the same problem and i ended up getting a null modem cable from maplins £6 and when i run thr ifa i didnt have to type in the i.p address it picked up the default address and started loading(gavs latest sportster image).just make sure you dont power up the dbox until it tells you to,hope this helps.

i had the same problem mate, but stuck at it... took a couple of hours but its running sweet now. I think it relatedto the ip addy

the box wont load it gets to the loading kernel page which is basically the bootload screen on the tv and i dont power the box up till it says on ifa and even tried rebooting it after starting ifa

but still no joy

You should get yourself a nullmodem cable as sniper214 suggests
then you will see exactly what is going on in the com window
this will then make it a lot easier to rectify the problem.

you say you have turned off all firewalls this has to include any antivirus programs if it has a worm blocker in disable that then disable the antivirus program.
also popup blocker programs
also make sure your nic is set to 10baseT-halfduplex.
hope this helps.

Why are you looking at the dbox boot manager ?
Don't worry about your ip.
make sure that any wireless or other lan ports are disabled
start ifa tell it the image, tell it the interface, tick no null modem
start, ja, ok
then plugin your dbox, if it doesn't catch it then unplug the dbox and try again, don't stop ifa.
I use the latest version as it shows the progress on the lcd screen.
remember ignore dbox bootmanager IFA minimises it for a reason.

Have Fun

cheers people will try this

and only reason i checked the bootmanager is cos nothing had happened after an hour and numberous reboots of the box so i thought it might be the case that sumthing was set wrong

i was just investigating in possibilities of what it cud be

Back