Sony pulls PlayStation 3 software update

Can i install it directly from a memory stick mate?

No security checks or anything?

yep

make a folder called PS3

the in that make another called UPDATE

then put the UPDAT.pbp in the update folder

then on the ps3 go to update, then choose from media storage

remember and use capital letters for your folder names, and format the memory stick to fat32

this update must be really sought after for it to be in the usual places

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

this update must be really sought after for it to be in the usual places

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

people waited along time for these features. and misssed the chance do download it through the psn, so the usual places are the only place to get it just now until sony put it back on their servers

Thanks Deedie.

How will the Trophies be added to older games?

Will they be releasing patches to enable them or will they simply not be included?

trophies will have to be added via patches for existing games. no idea which ones will get patches or when. all future games will have them from release on the disk.

i dont think many of the existing games will get trophy support, but we will see. only one i have got is Super Stardust HD, which has been patched already

Super Stardust!

Fooking hell, I had that on my Amiga in the 90's :)

Is it the same game, glorified Asteroids?

Super Stardust!

Fooking hell, I had that on my Amiga in the 90's :)

Is it the same game, glorified Asteroids?

yes, i had it also on the amiga.

its a very good game on the ps3, very addictive. it has sold sh1t loads since the 2.4 update, as it was the only game to have trophy support. i have had it since i got my ps3, but i bought an addon pack for it when the 2.4 update was released.

you could do what i do. if you know 3 or 4 other ps3 owners who u trust, then you can share games and addon packs with each other to save some money on the games from the psn. u can download games onto upto 5 ps3's, all you need to do is log onto the psn using someone elses login details and download the games they have already paid for.

never thought of looking there m8.

cheers and installed it, no probs so far for me.

no worries, if you aint got any problems with it, then u wont get any. its only at the installation stage there was issues with it corrupting hard drives. easy fix for it if it happens to anyone. take hard drive out of ps3 and format it in a pc, pop back in the ps3 and everything will be working fine.

but by the looks of it, 2.41 will be released tomorrow or wednesday according to some websites. they usually release firmware updates on tuesdays, so very likely to be tomorrow

Last edited:
Back