Sony: PS3 Is A Global System, 360, Not So Much

karym6

DW Regular
Reaction score
Say what you will about his outbursts, Sony's Peter Dille is a man who wears his heart on his sleeve. Dude bleeds Sony. And as is often the case with passionate, outspoken types, as often as they're wrong about something, they're right about something else. Yesterday, Dille was so wrong about Final Fantasy XIII, but today (well, last week, it's from the same E3 interview), speaking about the PS3's global appeal, he's bang on the money:

Developers know they have to amortize that investment over a global marketplace and the best place to do that is on a PlayStation format. Because if you look at the global footprint, PlayStation 3 dominates in Japan where the 360 is really irrelevant. In Europe, the PlayStation 3 is already past the 360. And in the United States you have a dogfight...So back to the third-party community, they’re looking at what’s going on, they’re realigning their development resources to exploit PS3 and I think they understand that if they want to have a global return on their investment, PlayStation 3 is the only place they’re going to get it.

Man's got a point, a point that - as the PS3 begins to slowly, inevitably pull away from the 360 in Europe - will only get sharper!

http://kotaku.com/5028444/sony-ps3-is-a-global-system-360-not-so-much

lol, the 360 owners are happy and contented with their console, 'nuff said. :)

This reminds me of the fickle arguments that used to go round the playground about which was better Amiga or ST, Megadrive or SNES.
Do you really care that much?

lol, it's only a laugh mate :)

Karym wished he'd bought a 360 but opted for the Sony hype machine instead ;)

I love this forum, when ever anyone, and i mean anyone posts anything half decent about the ps3, watch out, witchy's about, you better watch out, cuz witchy's about pmsl
He really shud have taken over from beadle, you can see it now, ITV at 7pm on a sat night, welcome to, Watch out, Witchy's about :)

Dont ban him, he keeps this forum entertained, without him, Witchy and myself and a few others wouldnt be able to have a laff :) I too get dust on my PS3, but my misses cleans it

This reminds me of the fickle arguments that used to go round the playground about which was better Amiga or ST, Megadrive or SNES.
Do you really care that much?

lol yeah, pretty much.

I thought the MegaDrive was ace as well ;)

Megadrive wasn't nowhere near as shiny tho, I suppose it was shinier that the SNES but wasn't there a few shiny versions of the PC Engine going around?

Infact all the old machines were incredibly unshiny :(

Nothing can compete with the PS3's shinyness, nothing!!!

I love this forum, when ever anyone, and i mean anyone posts anything half decent about the ps3, watch out, witchy's about, you better watch out, cuz witchy's about pmsl
He really shud have taken over from beadle, you can see it now, ITV at 7pm on a sat night, welcome to, Watch out, Witchy's about :)

I'm not anti-PS3 mate, I'm just dissapointed.

Lovelly sheen tho.

True, but it wasn't the same high gloss piano finish that the PSP and PS3 have, stunning shinyness.

Just had a thought Witchy do you sit your PS3 horizontally or vertically??
If you stand it up then it doesn't attract much dust pmsl, saying that though mine looks a bit dull at the minute. :banana:

It's under my tv mate laying flat, it's sitting next to my horribly unshiny Xbox360 and slightly shiny Wii.

Wife wants to put it in the kitchen as she thinks it's a sandwhich toaster.

It's under my tv mate laying flat, it's sitting next to my horribly unshiny Xbox360 and slightly shiny Wii.

Wife wants to put it in the kitchen as she thinks it's a sandwhich toaster.
lol no, thats the 360 - it gives off so much heat!

Here now Karym.....

Have you felt the heat that pumps out the back of your PS3, mine is red hot!

It is nice and quiet though, not like those jet engines in the 360 :)

You can say that again try having it switched on with my 32" lcd and pc in the box bedroom. It really does get hot to the point i need to open the window lol.

I'll be saving a fortune in the winter.

Kids : "Dad I'm cold"
Me : "**** off, I don't care!"
Kids : "Brrrrrrr.....shiver...."
Me : "Ok, put that fooking PS3 on and we'll all get a heat"

Back