sony ps 2 or 3 some help and pointers please

hatab

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi ill start off and say ive never had a game console as i am no good at games,
the mrs plays some games on our pc's things like settlers series and age of empiers series and Pharaoh. we have now got to the stage 9again) where the games are out pacing the hardware i have on the pc's.

I am thinking it might be better to get a play station of some sort rather than upgrade the pc's.....I have looked at some of the threads re-chipping and modding whilst its not beyond me i am not probably going to go that far but id like your opinions on what we should go for.

the mrs tends to play a game on and off but will play the same game until she finishes it, i doubt she will want to do driving or shootem type games more strategy type.

thanks

ps oh yes and where is the best place to buy ps2 or 3 ?

Pretty much all the high street and online retailers are doing good deals on both at the moment.

I think the cheapest I saw a PS2 for sale was £88 from Gamestation brand new.

Its a tricky question, if you would like to play fun games then you could go for a Wii. Most of the games for it are ones you would want to play when you have some people round (thats what I use it for). Where as if you want to play games that will take a while and have a bit more depth then the PS3/360 are the way to go.

The 360 is very popular, probably due to the ease at which you can mod it. And the games available for both the 360 and PS3 are very similar in quality.

thanks for the advice, ill have a look at xbox and ps3

Check the Wii too, its quite fun. Especially the virtual console, lets you play games from years back.

Check the Wii too, its quite fun. Especially the virtual console, lets you play games from years back.

Are you demented? ;)

The Wii........pah!

@ Hatab, you cannot moddify the PS3 mate.

I've got one in he 'Buy n Sell' section going for £200. ;)

A know you didn't mention them but what about a Nintendo ds ? My sons got one and i find my self messing about with that and theres some great games to keep just about anyone happy.

Back