sony lcd with built in freesat problem!

installer

DW Regular
Reaction score
Was tryin to install 2 sony lcd's with built in freesat tuners..

i installed a quattro lnb, multiswitch and diplexed wall points, on a sky digi box all channels work fine as they should, however only a few channels will clear on the sony's.... they find all channels on a scan but when i try to view it just comes up as no signal. Also when tryin to enter post code it comes up as invalid postal code detected...

has anyone come across this, or any ideas as why this is happening?

phone the sony shop and ask them how to do a forced satellite firmware download m8, its a problem with the TV, but, check the point with a sky receiver first just to be sure, and to show the customer that its the actual tv at fault

this is mainly for the iPlayer, but explains the software versions, and a contact number

Sony TVs: check that you have received the BBC iPlayer software update by accessing the menu screens on your TV.

If you have software version with a number starting 1.6 or 1.7, you have the BBC iPlayer software. go to step 4

If you have an earlier software version (a number starting with 1.5) we suggest giving us a ring on 0845 313 0051.

you may want to ring even if you have that software, to ask how to force an update

Last edited:
have done that mate, got paid already but me being me I want to get it going for him, he has updated the firmware to the latest one from the sony website but still no joy, mind you the firmware was on it before i started... gonna tell him to try the sky box in each location and see if it works... thought it might be my wiring of the 4 polarities to the switch but i doubt it seen as the digibox is workin fine off the same switch...funny thing is he had it workin on a trial the other day entered post code etc fine, this was on a universal lnb, could that be it?

ok just rang the customer, before i left his house yesterday I set his tv off on a dvbs2 scan, found all channels and they are viewable.... he has the same tv in another house and when he entered the post code and scanned on freesat mode, everything worked fine, brought the tv up to the other house and same problem, post code error and only some channels working, he informed me that all the viewable channels are coming from astra 2a, and freesat is primarily 2d, is this correct, and if so what the f**k is wrong, they work on a universal lnb ok..

its the 4 feeds from the LNB to the multiswitch then m8, if its fine on a normal lnb, thats the only difference

hmmm have to run a quad then and individual combiners, bit messy but if it has to be done it has to be done...

ensure the 4 feeds from the quattro lnb to the multiswitch havent been crossed m8

havent been back yet, but the fact that all is ok on a digibox, and when scanned on the non freesat option (dvb-s2 scan) the channels are ok, would suggest that they are correct, its like as if the tv is looking for something hidden in the dvb signal and its not getting through the multiswitch?

just saw this reply digi m8, long time ago now hehe, turned out to be a faulty quattro lnb in the end..

Back