Sony DAVDZ260 & my PS3

moosie

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have spent MANY months (years even!) looking for a 5.1 system that did not have tin cans on the end of string or onethat they had forgotten to put the digital inputs on it!

I have finally found an all-in-one that seems to do the job the Sony DAVDZ260.

It has optical in and coax in and even upscales to 1080p all for the price of £130 delivered :eek:)

What I need to know is - is it any good? I know it's not gonna blow away some £1200 denon kit but I just want to watch movies (DVD/Blu-Ray) and play games on my PS3. So do you get full 5.1 through the optical connection and does it sound good? I believe from the spec it does Pro Logic II and DTS so I should be good to go no??

Also I have :-

Sammy 32" LCD TV
60GB PS3 - HDMI to TV
Sky+ - SCART to TV

Any ideas on teh best way to wire the system up? At the moment I am thinking:-

PS3 HDMI to TV & Optical to SONY
SKY+ Scart to TV and the phone into the front 3.5mm jac socket - then poss getting a optical switch box or a optical to coaxial converter.

Or am I being overly stupid

Cheers all,

moose

I have a sony surround sound system davdz- something or other lol
The sound is superb m8!!
The socket on the front is for a mic to auto calibrate it afaik.
Mine also has line in and optical in etc round the back.
I have a link to a website with connection diagrams somewhere on the home pc, I'll have a look tonight m8.

Curly

OK Curly - cheers M8 :)

I have a sony surround sound system davdz- something or other lol
The sound is superb m8!!
The socket on the front is for a mic to auto calibrate it afaik.
Mine also has line in and optical in etc round the back.
I have a link to a website with connection diagrams somewhere on the home pc, I'll have a look tonight m8.

Curly

The Sony wont decode the lossless audio codecs that are on your Bluray discs so you'll be missing out on HD Audio (for whatever its worth)

The Sony wont decode the lossless audio codecs that are on your Bluray discs so you'll be missing out on HD Audio (for whatever its worth)

Cheers Munkey - I presume I will get teh regualr DTS or Dolby Digi tho ?? Just not the D-HD stuff - right ?

cheers

moose

Back