Sony: '40GB PS3 still a powerful machine'

NL7

Inactive User
Reaction score
Global Sony chief Kaz Hirai has told European customers who have recently purchased a 40GB PS3 console that they still have "a very powerful machine".

Following news that Sony is to phase out the 40GB model and replace it with a 80GB PS3, Hirai is keen to reassure customers that their games system was still a worthwhile buy.

Speaking to MCV, Hirai said: "The PS3 is a console that evolves and specifications will change over time. Ultimately, if the consumers require a higher capacity hard drive, the ability to do that is there.

"40GB is obviously less than 80GB, but it’s still a high number and a very powerful machine. We strive to evolve and offer the most compelling value we can at any point in time. If consumers require extra hard drive, they can just swap it out.

“We brought in the 80GB because we wanted to make sure we continued offering the value proposition to consumers in the true fashion of PlayStation.

"We heard a lot of response from the consumers basically saying 40GB is nice, but with a lot of additional download products we were offering via the PlayStation Network, consumers were looking for a higher capacity hard drive.

"We thought it was a great time to introduce it at E3, but also make sure that we continued to keep the pricing the same.”

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a113853/sony-40gb-ps3-still-a-powerful-machine.html

The PS3 is SONY's downfall in the console market, and you know it Karym :)

They are milking the PS2 as much as possible, they're even releasing a new version of the PS2.

Milk it Sony, miilk it long time!

It is shiny though :)

If sony are milking the PS2, then rest assured MS will milk the 360.

At the end of the day, the PS3 is gold top, whilst the 360 is UHT lmao!!

from what ive seen of this ps3 ive had a week and turned o n for 20 minutes id say its more like a bottle of piss. glad i got me 360 still or id have been suicidal

from what ive seen of this ps3 ive had a week and turned o n for 20 minutes id say its more like a bottle of piss. glad i got me 360 still or id have been suicidal

quite simple if the ps3 was hacked like the 360 would you play your games on then PS3 or 360?

i think its not a question of the ps3 lacking gaming quality its just that you need to pay full whack for the games unlike the 360 where you pay for a DVD lol

For those who own both and the 360 isn't hacked which do you prefer?

PS3, everytime.

When my 360 died for the second time, I couldnt be bothered having it repaired again.

whats all the fuss about

isn't easy enough to swap the hdd to one of your choice with out effecting the warranty?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgMSoP1sHPk[/ame]

lol, it's far, far shinier that's about it.

As I sit here playing with the 360 on Xbox Live i look at my PS3 and think 'what a sad failure for the once mighty Sony"

I'll need to buy a new feather duster, it really is a dust magnet.

I think I'll write my name in the dust and take a picture of it, it's the only entertainment I'll get from it. :)

lmao.

and if the 360 was shiny? it would still be as dusty ;)

Seriously though, you dont have MGS4?

lmao.

and if the 360 was shiny? it would still be as dusty ;)

Seriously though, you dont have MGS4?

Desperate for it mate, but I'm waiting until it pops up in the pre-owned basket at GAME ;)

No the 360 is not dusty as I dust that every few hours incase it goes RROD on me ;)

PMSL.

quite simple if the ps3 was hacked like the 360 would you play your games on then PS3 or 360?

Or do you honestly enjoy having to INSTALL your games and waiting an eternity for it to complete?

Back