Sony’s 2021 TV lineup runs Google TV and fully embraces HDMI 2.1

alimac

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score

Variable refresh rate, 4K at 120Hz, ALLM, and eARC are standard across the line
X95J_65_CCW.0.jpg
Image: Sony
Last year’s TV lineup from Sony took a bit of criticism since several sets were unable to take advantage of next-gen gaming features on the PlayStation 5 that shipped in November. Even if you look right now, the spread of HDMI 2.1 features is pretty sad. Sony never really acknowledged this as a mistake, believing that customers purchase its TVs for different reasons and not everyone needs every box checked off.

What a difference a year makes.

Sony’s 2021 TV lineup runs Google TV and fully embraces HDMI 2.1

Good that they're responding to criticism, and an interesting line up, but, "The Verge"?

I thought that website had died of shame! :D

I've never been a fan of Sony LCD sets, imo PQ always seemed to lag behind the competition. But last year I installed an OLED set for a client and I have to say it was excellent, both sound & picture.

I've never been a fan of Sony LCD sets, imo PQ always seemed to lag behind the competition. But last year I installed an OLED set for a client and I have to say it was excellent, both sound & picture.

I prefer Oled to any other screen I have seen and when I compare my LG to my old Panasonic LCD the Pani looks really poor.
Samsung Qled look good as well.
I think LG are the only company that make Oled panels and supply them to other TV manufacturers.

Back