Son jailed after father's tip-off

DiamondGeezer

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
A Lancashire teenager has been jailed for three years after his father informed police he had found bullets in his son's bedroom.

His father discovered 11 bullets in the room and called the police - who also found a handgun under the bed.

Paul Metcalfe, 19, from Nelson, pleaded guilty to possession of a weapon and the ammunition at Burnley Crown Court.

His father Neil M

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lancashire/7465414.stm

that must have been a hard thing to do but i think it was the right thing to do ,,this world would be a better place if more dads & mums where like this

I bet the dad feels sorry for him, because he wouldn't have wanted his son to turn out like this. But it was a good thing to report him, safe than sorry!

I don't think his old man was too happy with the three year sentence. He was expecting much less. When the BBC asked him if he would do it again he said yes with a wry smile and a glint in his eye (which meant I screwed up by doing this)

They're always going to come down on you like a ton of bricks for weapon possession nowadays. I think he got off lightly given the present wave of gun crime.

Three years isn't too bad considering theres supposed to be a mandatory 5 year for firearm offences.

Even an air rifle over 12ft/lb will get you a five year sentence.

Well done to that bloke its takes guts to shop your own kids but saying that if my boys turned out to be doing things like that id do exactly the same thing you gotta be cruel to be kind that father might have just saved someones life :)

His defence was he was nieve ,lets just say prison will be the wrong place ,me personaly his dad did a backwards step,and only today did he realise his actions ,not that i condone the gun culture but a dad and son relationship should be more, trial by media maybe but like they say he should of got a five ....

I have thought of getting one but then saw reason, violence only breads violence. The Dad did the correct thing.

Yo, Sky you OK now?

Sorry but he's no father, he's a piece of shite imo .. Theres no way I would grass one of my kids up no matter what they did !

Sorry but he's no father, he's a piece of shite imo .. Theres no way I would grass one of my kids up no matter what they did !

its a freakin gun m8 how far do want this country to go down, OK maybe if I was pushed and my family was in danger then yes I would again consider it but NO for any other reason. We are not the US and we do not have the right to bare arms.

its a freakin gun m8 how far do want this country to go down, OK maybe if I was pushed and my family was in danger then yes I would again consider it but NO for any other reason. We are not the US and we do not have the right to bare arms.
I have read your post several times and I still can't make head nor tail of what you are talking about ? wtf has this post got to do with the right to bare arms or how far the country has gone down ? did you even read the original post ?

Yes I do know it's a gun, the thread is all about a father grassing he's son for having a gun, my point is I would NOT grass on one of my own for ANYTHING ! some father he must be for doing it, I'm not saying the lad is not a scumbag for having a gun, I'm saying the father is a much bigger scumbag than he's son for grassing he's own son and I hope the son and the rest of the family never have anything to do with the father again

I have read your post several times and I still can't make head nor tail of what you are talking about ? wtf has this post got to do with the right to bare arms or how far the country has gone down ? did you even read the original post ?

Yes I do know it's a gun, the thread is all about a father grassing he's son for having a gun, my point is I would NOT grass on one of my own for ANYTHING ! some father he must be for doing it, I'm not saying the lad is not a scumbag for having a gun, I'm saying the father is a much bigger scumbag than he's son for grassing he's own son and I hope the son and the rest of the family never have anything to do with the father again

so let me get this right, a girl get's raped, old age pensioner gets knocked about and eventually dies all for £10, a disabled or learning difficulties person gets used and abused by a member of your family and and your child gets shot by one of your nephews you don't do anything about it ?, oh yeah keep it in the family family rules and all that,bollocks ,no wonder the country is in the state it's in,I have no probs with dropping any of my family members in it whatsoever, play the game accept the result!

The father found a gun and bullets in his boys room, it wouldnt have been a good idea to confront him about it would it?

There was no idea that he was involved in something serious, or if the weapon had been used for a crime etc.

Its a hard choice to make, but I think it was the correct one.

so let me get this right, a girl get's raped, old age pensioner gets knocked about and eventually dies all for £10, a disabled or learning difficulties person gets used and abused by a member of your family and and your child gets shot by one of your nephews you don't do anything about it ?, oh yeah keep it in the family family rules and all that,bollocks ,no wonder the country is in the state it's in,I have no probs with dropping any of my family members in it whatsoever, play the game accept the result!
You got it right, I couldn't give a fcuk what my kid had done and I certainly don't give a fcuk what you think, I would not shop them

As for the country being in the state it's in I think it's in this state because of people like you who have no family values or loyalty, what sort of person would drop their own family in it ? I bet your family would love you if they read that comment,

Just for your information I have 3 daughters, all married and who all work and pay taxes and 2 grandchildren and none of my family have ever been in trouble, so pi$$ off accusing my family values of bringing this country down, have a look at yours pal !

Sorry bronto but i cant agree. You have clearly never been in a position like this and neither have i. I probarbly wouldn't have gone to the police either in this case. But i think there are some things i couldn't let go ie child abuse, rape or murder. Thankfully I probarbly wont ever have to make that choice.

I wouldn't have thought he did it lightly, he may well have saved his own sons life never mind someone elses.

Karym he didnt find the gun just the bullets, the police found the gun.

thebigman

Last edited:
Sorry bronto but i cant agree. You have clearly never been in a position like this and neither have i. I probarbly wouldn't have gone to the police either in this case. But i think there are some things i couldn't let go ie child abuse, rape or murder. Thankfully I probarbly wont ever have to make that choice.

I wouldn't have thought he did it lightly, he may well have saved his own sons life never mind someone elses.

Karym he didnt find the gun just the bullets, the police found the gun.

thebigman
ah right, I misread it.

Finding bullets and going to the police is a big step - maybe he was already worried about his kid mixing up with the wrong folk?

He done the right thing. I rember when i was a teenage i done somthng bad - nothing like guns but me and a few mate vandlased a new build building - somthing im not proud of. However, My mum and dad both choped me into the police and i thank them for it. Im happy that they did - because if they didnt i know i would have been influnced by these people, and probbley got into more shit, So im happy they where scumbags and grassed me up - because it set me back on the stright and narrow.

Respect to the guys dad, He done the right thing.

You got it right, I couldn't give a fcuk what my kid had done and I certainly don't give a fcuk what you think, I would not shop them

As for the country being in the state it's in I think it's in this state because of people like you who have no family values or loyalty, what sort of person would drop their own family in it ? I bet your family would love you if they read that comment,

Just for your information I have 3 daughters, all married and who all work and pay taxes and 2 grandchildren and none of my family have ever been in trouble, so pi$$ off accusing my family values of bringing this country down, have a look at yours pal !

no need to be personal, my lot pay exactly the same taxes etc etc and never had visits from the polis (police) and not accusing of lack of family values,don't take much to bite does it!

Back