Some to55er just drove into my car.

baggy69

Inactive User
Reaction score
I had an electrical problem with the misses car so off it went to a ford main dearler to get sorted. They fixed the problem, gave me a call so off i went to pick it up. In between the time of them parking it in there car park and me picking it up someone has bumped it and done the bumper in, and just drove off, to55er! They are checking the cameras for any info at the moment.
My question is should ford pay the bill because the car was still 'in there hands' at the time? I dont remember seing any of the 'owners cars are parked at there own risk' signs etc.
They say it will take a few days to check the cameras as all the footage is recorded at there main office. I would just like some info ready just incase they say its got to go through my misses insurance and bye bye her no claims, she will not be a happy bunny, so i will get it in the neck over that.

i am not 100% but i would say 99% sure that Ford are responsible for the damage.

tell your insurer that it was in Fords possesion for work to be carried out, and that it happened during Ford's time of ownership.

It should be covered through their Insurance. Not like you parked it there and they would have had the keys, it only becomes your responsibility when they hand the keys back to you.

As it is them that'll end up doing the repairs then they would be a bit hard faced to challenge that.

Thats what im hoping, will have to wait and see what they say when they get back in touch.

i cant see them not fixing it m8, "bad publicty"--------they might try it on at 1st who knows--------------the car was in there possesion

I hope you are all right, it makes sense like that, but you never know what they may try lol.

I had an electrical problem with the misses car so off it went to a ford main dearler to get sorted. They fixed the problem, gave me a call so off i went to pick it up. In between the time of them parking it in there car park and me picking it up someone has bumped it and done the bumper in, and just drove off, to55er! They are checking the cameras for any info at the moment.
My question is should ford pay the bill because the car was still 'in there hands' at the time? I dont remember seing any of the 'owners cars are parked at there own risk' signs etc.
They say it will take a few days to check the cameras as all the footage is recorded at there main office. I would just like some info ready just incase they say its got to go through my misses insurance and bye bye her no claims, she will not be a happy bunny, so i will get it in the neck over that.

if ford park the car its up to them to make sure you get the car back the way you put it in ,if no damage cool but if it gets damaged its up to them as long as you never moved the car befour they seen it,and all this should be on cctv hopfully.
tell them you will seek advice if they dont fix it

they will have a nice big sign saying "any damage to customers cars are not the responsibility of ford, etc"

Back