some info please

Aspr27

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi I have a tm 6900 hd super combo it was a great rec but I think it is kapoot the usb ports do not work it freezes a lot I done a factory reset 2 or 3 times still the same I was thinking of getting a new one a 5402 it seems to have good support sure it is not a lunux I just want to make sure thanks from aspr27

Hi Aspr27,

hi I have a tm 6900 hd super combo it was a great rec but I think it is kapoot the usb ports do not work it freezes a lot I done a factory reset 2 or 3 times still the same I was thinking of getting a new one a 5402 it seems to have good support sure it is not a lunux I just want to make sure thanks from aspr27

The two threads below will answer the first part of your question about the failing USB ports on your TM 6900 HD Super combo...

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/287693/

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/268496/

Regarding the second part of your question... you are correct... the TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+ is not a Linux receiver... and it does have good support... however please be aware... there are now two versions of this receiver... the Original TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+ and the new TM 5402 HD M2 CI Super+ (also non-linux)

The latter is a brand new receiver and so far has only a limited amount of O/S & Patches...

I hope this helps mate...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Last edited by a moderator:
hi zorch first I would be privilege to be your friend I dident think you would rembered me from jkf forum I remembered you because you were very helpful to everyone there and now here well now witch rec do you think I should buy reading through the threads the 5402 gets good support but there is 6902 it is hard to make my mind up witch one to buy so I will go with you think that is how much faith I have in your decision feel free to e/m me anytime thank you good/luck fromaspr27 p/s my all my e/m were lost on sunday morning

Hi again Aspr27,

...well now which rec do you think I should buy reading through the threads the 5402 gets good support but there is 6902 it is hard to make my mind up which one to buy so I will go with you think that is how much faith I have in your decision...

It's purely a matter of what YOU want from a new receiver mate...

TM 6902 HD Combo Super (with Freeview HD tuner)

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+ (without Freeview HD tuner)

Code:

NB
Technomate are now only listing the new TM 5402 HD CI M2 Super+ on their website but as you can see... the picture and specifications are still referring to the TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+

I hope this helps my friend...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

thank you for your reply I will give it a lot more though and let you know good/luck from aspr27

thank you for your reply I will give it a lot more though and let you know good/luck from aspr27

Hi mate, yes Zorch is brilliant eh mate?

Just as a matter of interest I had the dreaded TM6900HD Super 'USB not recognised' fault - and having changed the offending capacitors - some to a slightly higher spec as advised by TM, presumably to avoid this very problem in the future -and I am now using my TM6900HD Super virtually trouble free on patch 752P - although we do still await a new patch from Phantom to sort out existing PVR problems mate!!
Good luck!:Biggrin2:

hi mate I took the top of rec but no bulging on capacitors no black marks on the top of rec a little dust but still like new so with freezing I thought that the main board was starting to go I can get sats from 13e to 28 e minus 19e for some reason I cannot get 19e I have a1-2 met dish and a 18 in superjack all in good order no slack in the joints the dish dose not move in strong wind so I am stumped good/luck from aspr27

Hi again Aspr27,

...I can get sats from 13e to 28 e minus 19e for some reason I cannot get 19e I have a 1.2 met dish and a 18 in superjack all in good order no slack in the joints the dish dose not move in strong wind so I am stumped good/luck from aspr27

I can't understand why you aren't able to locate Astra 1KR/1L/1M/2C at 19.2°E unless there is something blocking your dish's line-of-sight to the satellite/s

Try this mate... go onto the dishpointer website from the link below...

Code:

At the top of the page enter your Postcode

Then select: Astra 1KR/1L/1M/2C from the drop-down box below

Zoom the Google satellite map and locate (click on) the exact position of your dish

Tick the Option: Show obstacle (line of sight checker)

You will then see if there IS some reason why your dish cannot see the satellite/s at 19.2°E

I hope this helps mate...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

hi zorch the dish has nothing in its path it is clear right round the arch it has me baffilled I am use a spider box at the min I do not like it at all it is picking up some channels on 19e well good/luck thanks

Just to add, I'd go for 5402 much cheaper than a 6902 unless you need freeview too. The latest 5402 is the m2. The m2 will get the same support as the original if not more in the long run. The m2 has currently just 2 patches available but this is simply as its a new stb. If you want a non-linux stb then the 5402 is a good choice.

I worked with the rec and checked the dish all afternoon it was quite nice for a change I still cant get 19e so I think I will go for the 5402 as you said zorch it is all 5402 m2 I think I will take the plunge and go for it ( thanks to everyone for you help good/luck) from aspr27

Back