Solomend 800HD pvr

This may help in avoiding the rebooting issue, not my work, taken from another forum. I also had the same problems as you but started deleting and re-arranging manually until I found this.

"Has anyone noticed that some S*y Sports channels make the box reboot then get stuck in a rebooting loop if you try to change channel or access the menu?

Today is the first time I have really played with the box and it drove me nuts, you simply have to unplug your sat feed and you can access the menu and change channel. Very strange.

Here is a dump I took today (using NM_HDS2_CMT_1007120293.abs) with the offending channels removed, 7 groups of favourites but you will probably have to rename them from fav 1, fav 2 etc. For some reason it doesn't save that.

Favorites are:
Entertainment
Movies
HD Channels
Factual
Kids
Music
Sports

Not perfect but it's a start.

This is 28.2e Only."

The dump is attached.

yea pretty reliable, the tuner is spot on it goes into a reboot loop on certain sky sports channels but once removed from your channel list it's ok and sometimes it reboots if you press lots of buttons on the remote in quick sucession, other than that it's fine as a basic box

yeh cheers, got that but its crap, you cant alter the order of channels, also is there no way of using the spiderbox / starview channel listings on these, tried opening them it does but there corrupted, would be easier instead of having to sort a new one out, cheers

new firmware released. Make sure to save your channel list first

Thanks for that matey. Do you happen to know what this update may add or is meant to have fixed on the box?

Also, I don't know if you've tried to playback a movie using the USB slot on this box but I am trying now - I tried to firstly just stick an AVI file on the USB and tried to see if it could playback using the record Manager, but that didn not work, so I converted the AVI to Mpeg-4 and tried again but yet again that file was not recognised either.

So now, I recorded somin using the PVR functions and loaded em up on my lappy and found that they are saved as .dvr files, so am now going to try and find a .dvr convertor and see if that works unless you've got any other suggestions??

Thanks for your time.

new firmware released. Make sure to save your channel list first

Thanks for that matey. Do you happen to know what this update may add or is meant to have fixed on the box?

Also, I don't know if you've tried to playback a movie using the USB slot on this box but I am trying now - I tried to firstly just stick an AVI file on the USB and tried to see if it could playback using the record Manager, but that didn not work, so I converted the AVI to Mpeg-4 and tried again but yet again that file was not recognised either.

So now, I recorded somin using the PVR functions and loaded em up on my lappy and found that they are saved as .dvr files, so am now going to try and find a .dvr convertor and see if that works unless you've got any other suggestions??

Thanks for your time.

Ive not really tried playing a movie, I plugged my external hard drive in one night and there was no sign of it. I didnt bother after that.I have a dvd player in my bedroom so i use that.
This new firmware seems to do a few small things: on screen graphics tell you how long is gone on the programme your watching.
Pressing info twice brings up an info screen telling you whats on now and next with a description. If your on sly germany or one of them it gives few days epg.
I think i read somewhere it will read cards now also.

Hi guys,

I am just getting to grips with this box.

I have uploaded the lastest firmware, no probs and got ccam running also no probs.

But how do I upload my personalised channel list?

I have it stored in a program called PVR800 Editor DB4.

Any help is much appreciated.

Hi guys,

I am just getting to grips with this box.

I have uploaded the lastest firmware, no probs and got ccam running also no probs.

But how do I upload my personalised channel list?

I have it stored in a program called PVR800 Editor DB4.

Any help is much appreciated.

try this man

Back