Solo2 Jtag

@turra i did ive tryed 3 different null modem cables on pc with win 7 an other on win xp ive bougt for verry cheap a usb to serial cable and no luck....i think the difference with my and @smart is that my solo2 is realy dead This Solo2 i bought for my cousin but he fu..ked up dont know how.... u have the same problem ?

Last edited by a moderator:
@turra i did ive tryed 3 different null modem cables on pc with win 7 an other on win xp ive bougt for verry cheap a usb to serial cable and no luck....i think the difference with my and @smart is that my solo2 is realy dead This Solo2 i bought for my cousin but he fu..ked up dont know how.... u have the same problem ?

I still have no problem, but as I like tinkering too wanted to know what alternatives there are to recover. (excuse my english, google translator)

@turra no problem with ure english almost perfect as my ;-))

The thing is that these clones are so perfect now that these problems like one from my cousin,whom only happend on genuine solo2's now are happeking on clones...

My solo2 i havent had 1 problem and i did a lot of realy fooked up things,read my post and u see,and never i had one problem and my cousin is a guy who is afraid of technology and never trys something,his unit is now bricked...i realy dont understand this...

But anyway i talked to him and desided to shipp the motherboard get a new motherboard in it and he will cruisin..

Like i said theyre verry good units but some guys have bad luck,and if u feel unlucky,dont order it from china and get a genuine here...it will cost u more but you gave a good waranty not like my cousin,he must send tp china pay transport and with badluck custom money..

But i am happy with my clone and i am a guy with good luck:)

I've read your forum, somebody decided this problem?

1.Power button is lighted and works if you push it,
2.But there is no Display,nothing att all!,
3.Fan is NOT working,
4.SPDIF light is not working,
5.Ethernet is working and ping IP-adress has, but there is no connection
possible via DCC or VU UTILL.

Unfortunatly this a welknown problem now...Same problem and no sollution...Only to shipp t back and receive another one...

This problem is also know by the Genuine ones and look for "fail boot vu solo2" a lot of pwople have this problem and i am affraid more will follow...And no possible of jtag or a ethernet backdoor

Edit:can you get a ip adres?you might try DreamUp (UNIVERSAL ONE FOR CLONES) and with a nfi file you could try that..

your not alone i have the exact same problem

did you happen to get yours from L&W ?

Last edited:
No i got it somewhere else but this isnt clone solo2 problem..Early releases of the genuine have this also..I am suprised they didnt find a sollution for this..no bro you and me are not the only ones theyre more..and i am afraid mutch will come..its just bad luck!

No i got it somewhere else but this isnt clone solo2 problem..Early releases of the genuine have this also..I am suprised they didnt find a sollution for this..no bro you and me are not the only ones theyre more..and i am afraid mutch will come..its just bad luck!

i am sending my motherboard back to them on monday.......
just so irritating, happened on the second day of having it....had not even finished setting it up

Unfortunatly this a welknown problem now...Same problem and no sollution...Only to shipp t back and receive another one...

This problem is also know by the Genuine ones and look for "fail boot vu solo2" a lot of pwople have this problem and i am affraid more will follow...And no possible of jtag or a ethernet backdoor

Edit:can you get a ip adres?you might try DreamUp (UNIVERSAL ONE FOR CLONES) and with a nfi file you could try that..

Yes, but I need "image" or "bootloader" nfi file. Where can I get?

I'll give you a link where you can try to restore using PuTTY through Com232, but only Russian language.I was not successful with this method.
?????????????? ????????????? "bootarg"

Last edited:
I think that it's problem to will be, when done online upgrade.

Nfi file is no problem @davvvo had a nfi file i remember if he could upload that or one of the other chaps we could try ...

i did manage to get it to run update.exe over the rs-232 cable but it made no change to any other part, and only got garbage over putty

I had the some issue.
Only standby button was light!!!
I solved by download of update.exe file.
I used both the original cable and nullmodem cable.
Ather this my box woks fine

The first time I solved the problem by download of update.exe connecting box to pc with both cables (nullmodem cable and cable that come with box)
Some days ago I had again the same issue, I tried again in the same way but without success. I had to send back the motherboard to supplier

could not to connect the receiver to the DreamUP.

Yes, but I need "image" or "bootloader" nfi file. Where can I get?

I'll give you a link where you can try to restore using PuTTY through Com232, but only Russian language.I was not successful with this method.
?????????????? ????????????? "bootarg"

I looked at it but same with me i dont speak russian and google translate was realy making abracadabra out of it...unfortunatly..

Back