Solo2 Jtag

dirkjan73

DW Regular +
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to do a jtag to Solo2 clone?

My cousin bricked his Solo 2 Clone (V2),he told me he was installing a settinglist,then there was a tuner problem and after that the unit frooze,he did make a hard restart but since then the box woulnt start...There is no "starting" on the display,actualy there is nothing on the display,the purple buttons stays death..if you push the purple button,its lights up like starting but nothing happens...I used several USB sticks...Use other powercables...nothing..

Didnt @ali got this situation eralier...ive also tryed to unplug the +5 jack on the motherboard...still nothing...Think Jtag is the only sollution...

Anyone has a idea?

The fan doesnt turn and also there is no red light...iv tryed VU Utill but no succes...Its not switching...there is purle light and this blinks if u push it but there is no action or whatsever...

Last edited:
No unfortunatly there is no way to jtag the solo2 mentioned in youre pdf and the solo2 is not working with vu utill...could anyone tell me the importance of the Front USB jack?My cousin broke one of the wires (red) but this wouldnt be the reason for not starting i think (see picture)usbjack.jpg

So, If a solo2 becomes bricked its a point of no return?

No you can return it,but unfortunatly you have to pay the transport AND the tax agaien when they send u another one or repaire it...so mostly its mutch cheaper to get it repaired here..

I realy dont understand how that guys has fooking up this unit...unbelievable...

Now if i hard reset it fast after a few times the purple light on front lights up like starting...but it doesnt start and the display stays blank...and after a minute or 2 the purple light gest dark again..

Anyone idea?

Does anyone know how to do a jtag to Solo2 clone?

My cousin bricked his Solo 2 Clone (V2),he told me he was installing a settinglist,then there was a tuner problem and after that the unit frooze,he did make a hard restart but since then the box woulnt start...There is no "starting" on the display,actualy there is nothing on the display,the purple buttons stays death..if you push the purple button,its lights up like starting but nothing happens...I used several USB sticks...Use other powercables...nothing..

Didnt @ali got this situation eralier...ive also tryed to unplug the +5 jack on the motherboard...still nothing...Think Jtag is the only sollution...

Anyone has a idea?

The fan doesnt turn and also there is no red light...iv tryed VU Utill but no succes...Its not switching...there is purle light and this blinks if u push it but there is no action or whatsever...

Just for ur help and information i have copied ur post in mail to that techincal adviser who had given me the tip to discharg caps at usb ports. just wait and see what she says . Actually i want to know any one can face that kind situation then what to do in this critical condition . thats why i have written mail to her few mints before and pasted ur problem in it . hope for the best

I'm sure my old duo wouldn't boot if I disconnected the front usb.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Thank u @Ali ...@iamatheaf you might be right i am going to try later with my own box hy plugging that jack off an try to restart it

Edit...no if you pull the jack out it restarts normaly..so thats not the answer..the strange thing if you put a ethernet cable in to it the lights are blinking red and orange but the SPDIF red light is not .... tommorow im going to show this to a elektricien

Last edited by a moderator:
@DJ .
Can u plz post some pictures of the front panel of ur box what it shows when u power on .. I have consulted the technical adviser . she has given a tip i m pasting here as its she has told me in chat . I wish this can work for u

I m pasting the chat here
Selina : Sorry I was away from Town but I received your mail
Selina : I Think I sent Msg to your Cell number also
Ali : Yes I received . So how was ur trip ???
Selina : it was fine. Ok Ali So the problem is still there ?
Ali : Yes My friend's box is still acting the same as i told u in mail
Selina : ok can u send me some pictures
Ali : Pictures ? my pictures
Selina : huh come on I mean to Say box . whats showing at front panel etc .
Ali : Ok i got it i will ask him and will send u via mail
Selina : ok
Ali : What to do now
Selina : first of all remove all the cables including AV/LNB/power etc from the box
and leave it for few mints .
Selina : Now take a usb working pen drive and copy the original
Vu+Solo any clean image folder before the december /2013.
update it and always use the front usb to update.
Selina : it will take some time in downloading and then in start but let it complete.
Selina : See it works or not

Ali : Ok thanks but if this thing doesnt work then
Selina : come on try it first then ask me
Ali : Ok but suppose if doesnt work then
Selina : if if if if ,,,
Selina : then take the box from ur friend
Selina : Connect here with your pc via seriel cable including with RJ 45 Cable also
Selina : I will connect your pc via teamviewer
Ali : Ok thanks u so much but i think solo 2 doesnt accept any utility
which works through Rs-232.
Selina : :d) dont worry .You just need the box working
Ali : thanks u alot i will post the pics
Selina : Remember when u connect the box remove all the cables including AV/LNB etc
Selina : The only connection would be RJ45 and Rs232
Ali : thanks u so much selina
Selina : you welcome dear

Last edited:
No offence, Ali but that selina is one hell of a patient chick :sly:

@DJ .
Can u plz post some pictures of the front panel of ur box what it shows when u power on .. I have consulted the technical adviser . she has given a tip i m pasting here as its she has told me in chat . I wish this can work for u

I m pasting the chat here
Selina : Sorry I was away from Town but I received your mail
Selina : I Think I sent Msg to your Cell number also
Ali : Yes I received . So how was ur trip ???
Selina : it was fine. Ok Ali So the problem is still there ?
Ali : Yes My friend's box is still acting the same as i told u in mail
Selina : ok can u send me some pictures
Ali : Pictures ? my pictures
Selina : huh come on I mean to Say box . whats showing at front panel etc .
Ali : Ok i got it i will ask him and will send u via mail
Selina : ok
Ali : What to do now
Selina : first of all remove all the cables including AV/LNB/power etc from the box
and leave it for few mints .
Selina : Now take a usb working pen drive and copy the original
Vu+Solo any clean image folder before the december /2013.
update it and always use the front usb to update.
Selina : it will take some time in downloading and then in start but let it complete.
Selina : See it works or not

Ali : Ok thanks but if this thing doesnt work then
Selina : come on try it first then ask me
Ali : Ok but suppose if doesnt work then
Selina : if if if if ,,,
Selina : then take the box from ur friend
Selina : Connect here with your pc via seriel cable including with RJ 45 Cable also
Selina : I will connect your pc via teamviewer
Ali : Ok thanks u so much but i think solo 2 doesnt accept any utility
which works through Rs-232.
Selina : :d) dont worry .You just need the box working
Ali : thanks u alot i will post the pics
Selina : Remember when u connect the box remove all the cables including AV/LNB etc
Selina : The only connection would be RJ45 and Rs232
Ali : thanks u so much selina
Selina : you welcome dear

Thank u again @Ali,here are the pictures:

solo2_0.jpgsolo2_1.jpgsolo2_2.jpgsolo2_3.jpgsolo2_4.jpgsolo2_5.jpgsolo2_6.jpg

Again,this is the thing:

-.Power button is lighted and works if you push it,
-.But there is no Display,nothing att all!,
-.Fan is NOT working,
-.SPDIF light is not working,
-.Ethernet is working but there is no connection possible via DCC or VU UTILL,
-.If you install a HDD its working and spinning,

This a realy challenge to make this bricked unit working again,and i am sure this there will be,unfortunatly,more Solo2`s have this problem,cause there are a lot of them on teh internet and the funny part is that most of them arent a clone ;-)

And i am 101% the sollution is there with the producers,but they dont make this,for a reason i dont understand,not public

So thats we have to try everything

take lid off
get a hair dryer and heat up the board
if it comes on you have a dead capacitor

trust me this works

Unfortunatly heating up the mainboard didnt helped...i did heat up whole mainboard but it didnt start

Unfortunatly heating up the mainboard didnt helped...i did heat up whole mainboard but it didnt start

@Dj the pictures u have posted here I have mailed to her . Now wait some time may be we can find the answer .
just confirming .. did u try the tip which highlighted in chat i posted above 2nd which image u were using last time to this box which crashed the box ?

Last edited:
Yes @Ali i let the unit blankc without power/lnb/av and USB...I downloaded BH 2.0.6 from oure downloads...Put this on a fresh FAT32 formatted (and working with my own Vu Solo2 Clone) USB and put this in the Bricked Solo2,i put the Powercable and swittcehd on...And nothing happens

I had the some issue.
Only sandby button was light!!!
I solved by download of update.exe file.
I used both the original cable and nullmodem cable.
Ather this my box woks fine

@smart ive read ure problem over and over again and its exactly the same as this solo2..ive remember u were complainjng u couldnt fix it...please try to remember how u eventualy did fix it.. what did the trick..please step by step

first unbricked the box in this way:
1. I connecect the box switched off to pc with real serial port by nullmodem cable (Pinout 2-3 3-2 5-5)
2. I clicked on update.exe
3. switched on the box (my dos screen was black!!!)
Immediatly VDF display showed before "Starting" and "afterVU+ SOLO2"

Ok u did this with original rs232 cable came with solo2 or another cable..and what was the os on the pc

for unbrick the box I used nullmodem cable (not cable in the packagin of box)
I used a old laptop (Win XP) with real serial port

Back