Solo2 Jtag

I can find the site...i did that aleady..but cant find the file CFE AUTO BIN wheres is it?

I can find the site...i did that aleady..but cant find the file CFE AUTO BIN wheres is it?

Try using some manners..
There is no download for solo2 cfe.I have looked everywhere so it must be in the image file or something.

Be very carefull.I have no problem with communicating and i know when and how to say THANKYOU AND PLEASE.!!!

forgive me for my ignorance but couldn't someone export the default one from their box, if it really could fix these bricked solo2's

What doe you want me to bro,say it..what do you mean export the default,you mean a 1:1 backup of the image?

forgive me for my ignorance but couldn't someone export the default one from their box, if it really could fix these bricked solo2's

Hi i am in the process of working out how it can be done.Unlike the rest of VU+ boxes solo 2 seems to be the only one that does not have a flashable bootloader..there must be a way under linux to tap into box find partitions and send it over or a backed up image of some sort or do something.

Last edited:
What doe you want me to bro,say it..what do you mean export the default,you mean a 1:1 backup of the image?

Just the bootloader.....the same one you said you could not find on the VUplus website

vuplus/solo2/cfe_cfe_auto.bin

being as we have been going on about a solo 2 bootloader cfe i presume he means just that.

Ref:vuplus/solo2/cfe_cfe_auto.bin i can not find it anywhere.

Last edited:
Managed to register and extract the info (below)
--------------
Finally received an answer from the service engineer. As you might expect the answer is the same great originality. The main reason boot sector corruption, he said, could serve as the use of third-party software, though I did not write them, how exactly the image I use. Consequently, for warranty repairs I can not count. Among the reasons may be related abrupt power outage, storm activity, the accumulation of static electricity and its level when the USB and SATA devices, etc. And in the end asked to share their experiences of recovery. I said I'd think about it, because it is a joint work of many, many people and I can not make a decision.
Now, as they say, let us return to our sheep, ie, brief instructions, and most likely, the exchange of experience to restore the boot sector (bootarg). And so, if you turn on the receiver and you have the receiver's display for a long time burning inscription "starting" then all that is written below
for you.

For this work, we need:

1. Computer (laptop) in which there is a serial port (SOM1-SOM. ..). Since modern laptops missing COM port I used USB-Serial Adapter firm STLab.
2. Null modem cable to connect the receiver to your computer and COM ports.
3. Terminal program, I recommend that on the advice of Wolf , used for this purpose PuTTY. You can use HyperTerminal most Windows, but I have him failed to interrupt the process startup.
4. To adjust the receiver is desirable, but not necessarily, the presence of the network between the computer and the receiver. This is the case if it attempts to recover stitched images of the new or old. If you do not do this, the network can be connected even after the restoration of the receiver.
firmware I've tried many from different manufacturers, both old and new, so I had a receiver that is called "naked" so I connected the network immediately.
And so we've put together on the computer and the receiver COM ports launched PuTTY and receiver included. If obtained in this log is as follows:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

you can claim a 99% probability that you have damaged boot sector.
To restore the boot sector, but rather must be said, to boot receiver damaged boot sector must run PuTTY and in conjunction with the receiver switched on, press and hold for 3-5 seconds, press "Ctrl + C" to interrupt the startup process, and after receiving the invitation, enter the command:

Code:

, and press Enter.
And this team is missing or damaged in the internal loader receiver. Then you can continue to configure the receiver as you do it after the first turn just unpacked receiver. If you are not pierced new images, then the receiver is loaded with all your settings, and you can enjoy watching their favorite shows to ... first reboot or turn off the receiver mode "Standbay". That is, each subsequent loading of the receiver will be possible only through the terminal via the above external command.
For a complete boot repair receiver run PuTTY, turn on the receiver, hold down "Ctrl + C" and then interrupt the startup type:

Code:

and press "Enter". After executing this command, as a sign of progress will be full load receiver and an appearance on the TV screen pictures, turn off and turn on the receiver.
To confirm whether the loader restored enter the command in a terminal:

Code:

pre stopping startup method described above. If the log command executed is as follows:

Code:

I congratulate you. You have restored your receiver.
Finally I want to say thank you very much Wolf , gemchug74 , Rolex and others for their assistance. Without their help and support this statement could not be. Although the instruction is still loudly. Due to numerous questions about the setup program PuTTy decided to add the user manual drawing showing a configuration of the program. As they say "better to see once than hear a hundred times."

PuTTy.png

somebody drew attention to the original cable pinout? it has two side - 1 and 2.
1 - connects to PC
2 - connects to Reseiver

pinout:
RES <-> PC
2 < - > 1

1 <-> 2
5 <-> 5
6 <-> 3

1 and 2 input

hi the pinout is

1(PC) 2(Box)

2-----------------1
3-----------------6
5-----------------5

will this work on the one without nothing on VFD ??

I'm going to say what I'm sure others are feeling. With the number of bricked boxes after attempting an upgrade people should really take a step back. When I got my first enigma box a dm800hd I did nothing with the box for at least a week or two whilst I got used to the box, used whatever image it came with and did lots and lots of reading.

So take your time, do some reading and then do some more.

Not trying to preach but if it can save a box from being bricked it's worth it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Could,nt agree more with you mate..I wish people would read through some threads before they attempt stuff.
People are getting their boxes and trying to do upgrades etc without even knowing if it in fact it's needed...or what they are doing...
Get your clone solo 2 check to see what image it is running at least then flash Zeus or other upto date image if it boots okay then box is perfect if you get H.W then you can attempt upgrades but saying that I could simply make a clone safe Zeus...
This is why boxes are bricking..they get box with BH 2.0.9 and still try to upgrade,? No need too if it's got a straight BH 2.0.9..

Could,nt agree more with you mate..I wish people would read through some threads before they attempt stuff.
People are getting their boxes and trying to do upgrades etc without even knowing if it in fact it's needed...or what they are doing...
Get your clone solo 2 check to see what image it is running at least then flash Zeus or other upto date image if it boots okay then box is perfect if you get H.W then you can attempt upgrades but saying that I could simply make a clone safe Zeus...
This is why boxes are bricking..they get box with BH 2.0.9 and still try to upgrade,? No need too if it's got a straight BH 2.0.9..

Hi, I have a feeling that does not work boot.still just starting on the display and nothing more.Is it possible to repair this condition.thanks

Hi, I have a feeling that does not work boot.still just starting on the display and nothing more.Is it possible to repair this condition.thanks

REFLASH BOX- REINSTALL IMAGE USE THIS:http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?resources/1412/
Copy "vuplus" folder to clean usb stick,turn of box(kill power) plug in usb turn on box..when display says UPDATE press power button and wait for box to reboot.2-3 mins.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back