Solo2 Jtag

are you using a Virtual Machine, maybe it's that or perhaps windows doesn't supply drivers online anymore for it's unsupported OS. Give 7 another go is all i can suggest.
Plus Don't run Setup but the .msi files
Hi
No its not a VM its a fresh install to a SSD
I tried it with windows 10 but not windows 7 so might give 7 a go
Im wondering if i get the other cypress board i might have more success and as they are only cheap i dont mind trying

I have both the 1 and 2 jumper boards. both use the same driver, so I doubt that'll help.
Whack 7-64 on your drive and see if that works. I've just reconnected my 2 jumper device and it's still fine.
Here's a backup of the driver installed taken using the free driverbackup2 tool.
Dropbox - Broadcom.zip
Also I can't remember for sure but I've a feeling you may need MS Netframework installed, don't quote me on this though

Drivers all look good now
But im still getting "Disconnected" on the status :(
Ive tried everything i can possibly think of now so at a dead end.

Will have to look into getting it repaired again or throw it in the bin
Leaning towards the bin as i have other boxes its just the tuner in this box give a much better picture than any other Engima box ive seen

Try switching sda and scl also ensure power is ON on your solo2
my best connection order was to connect all cabling, start BCM3 power on Jtag board then power on Solo2
Even if you get connected it's still likely you will need to change the nand as you will probably still get the start offset error

Last edited:
I already tried switching the sda and scl without joy
i Think ive tried every possible combo but ive not tried starting BCM3 before turning on the cypress board as i thought that was not recommended in the guide but i guess its worth a shot.

Anyway im not 100% sure the image that bricked it was for a v4 im quite confused how ive managed to brick it at all! as i thought all my images were clone safe. i can only guess ive downloaded one that was for a v4 so i had a glimmer of hope it might still work but i cant even get as far as that rrr. Im normally pretty good with these things as ive jtagged xboxs in the past etc but this has beaten me

Maybe there's another hw fault and it's not related to the box being bricked at all. If for some reason your box isn't getting 3v @ pin 12 your box wouldn't start and BCM3 would be unable to recognize the chip, may be worth checking

vcc.png

Time to get out the multimeter :)

Although i still think its been bricked by software
It was working fine until i decided to update the image and when the image that bricked it loaded it came up with errors as it loaded that i recognised from the last time i bricked it and i thought oh sh!t as it loaded

After that all i get it the power button dimly light which responds when i press it but nothing on the front diplay. All the usual signs of the time bomb

If bricked then you should be able to connect with BCM3 without issue
The HW fault is a long shot from what you have said but worth checking voltages.

If you do get it going, this is a great source of V2 images (I'm also stuck with v2 images on my dragonworth)

Index of /images/Dragonworth

Hello
I have here a VU + Solo2 from Dragenworth which no longer starts.
Do not get any connection with Jtag (BBS 3 Bcm97346).
Can someone help me?
What am I doing wrong?

Hi, I have flash the ic flash with the boot but it stays in starting and of ahy it does not happen I am with this image inserted in pendrive BlackHole-2.3.0-vusolo2_usb

what image do you recommend me vu + solo2 motherboard MS 731-MAIN-V1.1

this deco I just changed ic ic flash
but the images give me error hw problem blachole2.0.7 and several and all error hw

Well its not a sunray box so Lonrison or Dragon worth

Id start flashing with Lonrison v2 images and work up if you get the hardware error it can mean you have flash too high a version so start at v2

openbh-1.0-dre solo2-v2-20170803_usb
I got this picture
and strip HW error

Back