Solderless Jtag Help

adflondon

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey all

I really need some help on using Jtag to get my bk. I have a DI4000-N and know what the ird number is but thats about it.

Before you ask i dont think i can get the bk from my funcard4 anymore cause ive read the card many times and never saved the first read. I think the card was blocked anyway (could i still read it again if the card is blocked or would it be wiped out now?).

Ive checked the TMC site and found three solderless Jtag's:

interchangeable pogo jtag

ten-way pogo jtag

twenty-way pogo jtag

Which one would i need to use for a DI4000-N stb?

I kinda feel down at the mo after feckin my card :(

Really need help :(

adflondon said:
Hey all
I really need some help on using Jtag to get my bk. I have a DI4000-N and know what the ird number is but thats about it.
Before you ask i dont think i can get the bk from my funcard4 anymore cause ive read the card many times and never saved the first read. I think the card was blocked anyway (could i still read it again if the card is blocked or would it be wiped out now?).
Ive checked the TMC site and found three solderless Jtag's:
interchangeable pogo jtag
ten-way pogo jtag
twenty-way pogo jtag
Which one would i need to use for a DI4000-N stb?
I kinda feel down at the mo after feckin my card :(
Really need help :(

10 way for pace box and 20 way for samsung > interchangeable does both .....

How easy is it to Jtag a DI4000-N stb?

Ive already fecked up my funcard4.

Also can i re-use the same card once i have the bk?

not too sure about Jtagin as i havent done it myslef (only read up on it)but seems straight forward. But from what ive heard from other peoples experiences (often newbies) they dont seem to have problems. If you do have problems theres always someone to help you.

once you have your BK you can wipe the fun card and re-use it (try erasing it first if it does then will be re-usable)...but i would get an auto update card.........atmegas are cheap and do the job.

P.S once you do get your BK write it down!!!

hi m8 use search bar all your answers are there type in netid somebody will have covered your questions already

stevensan36 said:
hi m8 use search bar all your answers are there type in netid somebody will have covered your questions already

I always search first, it comes up with loads of posts. ive been going though them with no luck.

I think i found what im looking for, the netid can be found in the EM. Should still be right since ive already used the box before.

Am i right in saying this?

If you've used the box before in your area you shouldn't need to alter the netid unless you remove the red jumper in which case the box will lose its netid settings.
As you've been using a funcard, it's also worth checking the software version so make sure the box doesn't have the anti-update mod done - look in the EM to check this if you're not sure.

I should have the Solderless jtag on thursday.
Ive now got my netid.
Downloaded the SDT software.
And have the Drv Driver.

is there anything else i would need?
And is this guaranteed to work?

I cant take it anymore :( lol

ps a big thanks to all the guys that have help me till now ;)

adflondon said:
I should have the Solderless jtag on thursday.
Ive now got my netid.
Downloaded the SDT software.
And have the Drv Driver.
is there anything else i would need?
And is this guaranteed to work?
I cant take it anymore :( lol
ps a big thanks to all the guys that have help me till now ;)

Anyone :(

Thanks fatblerk, i have that tut but just wondering if anything would be different since im getting a solderless pogo jtag.

Is there any tut's on the solderless pogo jtag?
(how to you get the wires to stay if they are not soldered?)

Hi All,

adflondon said:
Thanks fatblerk, i have that tut but just wondering if anything would be different since im getting a solderless pogo jtag.

Think you need an extra pair of hands or at least one? LoL :Jester:
You may require a cable from Jtag to Computer (I used the one I had for my logger).

adflondon said:

Instead of soldering it you hold it in place over the correct pads ( best get somebody to give you a hand i think?)

As for pogo tutorial, when you've done yours, why don't you write one? .......:)

Satch said:
Hi All,
You may require a cable from Jtag to Computer (I used the one I had for my logger).

What type of cable would i need, i thought that was the point of the jtag so that you connect the stb to pc.

But what do i know :)

fatblerk said:
Instead of soldering it you hold it in place over the correct pads ( best get somebody to give you a hand i think?)
As for pogo tutorial, when you've done yours, why don't you write one? .......:)

IF i get it to work (and thats a big if with my luck :Jester: ) then i could write a pogo tutorial.

Thanks fatblerk :Cheers:

adflondon said:
IF i get it to work (and thats a big if with my luck :Jester: ) then i could write a pogo tutorial.
Thanks fatblerk :Cheers:
Theres no reason why it shouldn't work for you if you go able it correctly ... plenty of other people have done it ok ......:)

I am following the "Jtag tut for begininners" but am a little confussed on what to do once i have entered the net id and clicked on "checksum" it then comes up with figures in the crc box.

The part im confussed about is th write memery OCD, how do i know that the figures after the $ sign are correct. Should it be something to do with the netid & crc figures???

need help :(

Satch said:
Hi All,

Your right Satch, i do need a cable as the jtag is too short to reach from stb to pc. Thanks again.

In case anyone else wanted to know ive got a 25pin v.24 serial cable male/female cable from maplin for £9.99

Back