Soldering skills...Or lack of....

pootas

Inactive User
Reaction score
Funcard issue in Updated 2110....Frequency

Recently got a Sammy 2110 from a different area.... I have the BK and IRD but the Netid is set to the area the box origincally came from so I need to replace the 24LC1024 chip which holds the Netid....

Looking at the chip it's quite small and my solder skills aren't great...Has anybody replaced one before and got any hints/tips before I fry my box.... Or would anyone replace the chip if I send them the box and a chip??

Last edited:
i am an experienced solderer and i thought i crack it until i tried to check the contacts for dry joints and they came away with the tracks included......... i wont be bothering with this model again it too delicate and pricey if you lose one.... so im sticking to the 2100 much easier less hassle i wont be persisting on this one LoL...
: multi : : multi : : multi : : multi :

Well believe it or not I've just forced an update and the netid has changed....Getting black screen on subbed channels so gonna reprog ther card and see....

its too late for me..... but which software did you use to force the update netid v2 : multi : : multi : : multi : : multi :

Nah just held the 3 top buttons in....I did try the netid setter fun but it didn't seem to do anything....

The box is showing V*rgin Media now...Ive tried Grape and the Chaos files but still getting black screen on subbed channels....

Looking in the eng menu I think I may have found the problem

On Page 1 I set the defualt freq/ symbol rate to my area and it saves it

However on Page 8 the symbol rate is correct but the channel rate is incorrect....If I set it to 755.000 and then reboot it just reverts to the old setting.....

Any ideas?

I've left the box on all night at the subbed channels still just come up as a black screen....Im using an AU fun with the grape.hex....

Any ideas how to make the frequency stay to what I change it to in the eng menu on page 8

i've changed it on Pg 1 and it stays at 755.000 ...Its the freq on page 8 that keeps reverting back...DO u think it could have anything to do with the forced update?? Build ver is showing as 3_5L

Right I've now tried an AU fun using grape and an RST fun and still not getting any subbed channels just a black screen....

Surely someone must have some ideas of what to try

Also tried the IRD written with 3E at end and tried it the other way around but it's the same issue,,,,

Starting to hurt my head now :(

Last edited:
When I tried those I got a COM Error on the card in the EM.... I find it strange because I've done a couple of 2110's and the GRAPE files always work fine... Do you think an Fun card with the latest public keys in it would work... I just can't understand why I'm gettin the black screens on the subbed channels!!!

Back