SolarWinds-Advice needed

megamanu

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, When using the tut for the webser 2100...Infinite.......do you have to have a downloaded copy of solarwinds. Also to get this box up and running,a mac address borrowed from a friend will have to be used.When i want to change to another mac,will i have to go through the same procedure,or be able to do it via another software.

Thanks!

Cant help with your first question as my webstar 2100 came already flashed but once you have it up and running you can use the 250 configurator program to change your settings i.e. mac address,username,password,config etc.
Hope that helps m8.

Cheers friend! Info much appreciated! I,m just waiting now for the solarwinds answer!

Thankyou!

u can also use tftpd32 server !!! as a matter of fact, just download 250 tut and files as webstar is flash the same way as the 250-255

Thanks again Gentlex. I,ve been doing the tuts....dry test....but i,m stuck on a couple of questions. I.m checking out stuff to make sure i don,t get glitches along the way. I cannot get past the login following the tut on hyperterminal,i,m on xp and do have vista if needed. When it says put the area codes in,i cannot see anything for default setting. The second problem is the configeration for a 250,i,ve downed the file and can see the icon. When i click on it the message "send to micro soft keeps coming up". I,ve downed this from 3 various sources but still getting the same message.

As said,i,ve been trying this dry...could it be i,m being to cautious . Do you have to actually have the boxes connected to max or whatever method being used? I know this might now sound daft but i,m just trying to be careful." You can finish laughing now"

Back