Software Update of Clone DM 800 HD PVR

staddos

Reaction score
Checking for updates on my clone DM 800 hd Pvr receiver I see date there are software updates for the receiver. I ve never done an update for the receiver before. Is it advisable for me to do an update of the receiver without running into problems. Please your advise would be highly appreciated.

Checking for updates on my clone DM 800 hd Pvr receiver I see date there are software updates for the receiver. I ve never done an update for the receiver before. Is it advisable for me to do an update of the receiver without running into problems. Please your advise would be highly appreciated.

Do not update your box,it could cause it to fail,and you would then have to re flash :)

You've not mentioned which SIM or image you have.

Gjstroom's openpli images will allow updates though.

Providing its one of his very latest as the openpli 2.1 feeds are no longer working/supported, which is why i said it, as without confirmation you cannot be too careful ;)

Sorry forgive me my mstake. I recently flashed my clone DM 800 Hd Pvr with this image Openpli-2.1-beta-dm800 - 20131018 sim 2-ssl84b. With this image will I be safe to update the software of the clone DM800 as I ve never done a software updte on it before.

Yes, you will be fine updating. You must remove power cable after it finishes though. ( power cycle)

No need to apologise, it is just better for people to know details rather than give you information based on guesswork that may not be applicable.

Back