Phone Unlocking software to unlock k800

coopsvip

Inactive User
Reaction score
ive got sum software to unlock k800 and sum others via usb comes with instructions. not sure where to post and dnt wont to break any rules so if sum1 cud tell me where and how to post it ill put it up

Right place mate. I saw your question on the £39 thread. Just zip your files then add it as an attachment here.

If your in advanced mode (click go advanced if not there), then just go to manage attachment and bobs your uncle!

:Fish:

Your s/w be much appreciated Im sure :)

Well I downloaded the software and from there I have no idea what I am doing.

Whenever I plug in the phone after pressing connect I get found new hardware wizard popping all the time.

i had same prob aswel. wen hardware wizard cums up jus point it to usb flash drivers wots in the rar folder and install drivers then will work

Last edited:
Yay, used the tut+files posted above to unlock my daughters Orange W580.
Only diffrence is to get the correct flash+config files.

I used..
W580_R8BA024_MAIN_GENERIC_LA_RED52 <-main .mbn

W580_R8BA024_FS_CENT_EUROPE_RED52 <-FS .fbn

W580i_CDA102774_101_R3A_Customized_United_Kingdom <-config (unzip and place the folder 'tpa' in a folder called 'own_custpack' where the XS exe is and choose 'own custom' file in the XS flash settings menu, as XS doesn't have config files natively for W580)

..these files seem to be working just fine, but i don't know if they are the reccomended ones, but seems ok and all is working with a O2 PayasyouGo sim.

these files can be got from hxxp://www.4shared.com/ ,just use the search box (copy and paste the file names above)

tip... practise taking the battery cover off before starting as you need to take the battery out at one stage when using the SELite tool in the 2nd part of the process (just read on screen instructions), press+pull cover down from the 'top middle' seems to work best on W580.

Last edited:
As this is such a valuable post by coopsvip, Im gonna try put it in the downloads section for all others to enjoy.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this mate. I'm going to have a go now and I hope I don't screw it up. Those instructions look very simple to follow - almost too simple LOL

Just a quick question though, there is no mention in the readme on how to backup your firmware. Can someone please confirm that the only steps to follow are

Unbrand
Upgrade CID
Make the patch
Apply patch to DB2020 CID52

and that I dont need to do anything else at all?

Thanks for posting this mate. I'm going to have a go now and I hope I don't screw it up. Those instructions look very simple to follow - almost too simple LOL

Just a quick question though, there is no mention in the readme on how to backup your firmware. Can someone please confirm that the only steps to follow are

Unbrand
Upgrade CID
Make the patch
Apply patch to DB2020 CID52

and that I dont need to do anything else at all?

thats wot i did!

Thanks mate, just wanted to make sure....The last thing I need is another brick LOL

What area's are people selecting using xs++? I unlocked me K800i from Orange using the software and selected the top option which was Europe 4... However now I have some functions on the phone which weren't there before that don't work quite correctly eg. Playnow and some sort of update service...

Any ideas?

Nevermind....I've crossflashed my k800 to a k810 now and changed to Europe 3 and all is working :)

Yay, used the tut+files posted above to unlock my daughters Orange W580.
Only diffrence is to get the correct flash+config files.

I used..
W580_R8BA024_MAIN_GENERIC_LA_RED52 <-main .mbn

W580_R8BA024_FS_CENT_EUROPE_RED52 <-FS .fbn

W580i_CDA102774_101_R3A_Customized_United_Kingdom <-config (unzip and place the folder 'tpa' in a folder called 'own_custpack' where the XS exe is and choose 'own custom' file in the XS flash settings menu, as XS doesn't have config files natively for W580)

..these files seem to be working just fine, but i don't know if they are the reccomended ones, but seems ok and all is working with a O2 PayasyouGo sim.

these files can be got from hxxp://www.4shared.com/ ,just use the search box (copy and paste the file names above)

tip... practise taking the battery cover off before starting as you need to take the battery out at one stage when using the SELite tool in the 2nd part of the process (just read on screen instructions), press+pull cover down from the 'top middle' seems to work best on W580.

Hi mate. I couldn't locate those files on 4shared.com as they are unavailable. Is there any chance you could upload them or email them to me?
Cheers

They are kind of big to upload, but they seem to be on the site for me...

Just copy and paste the 3 names into the search box on hxxp://www.4shared.com

W580_R8BA024_MAIN_GENERIC_LA_RED52

W580_R8BA024_FS_CENT_EUROPE_RED52

W580i_CDA102774_101_R3A_Customized_United_Kingdom

Last edited:
Back