Software for Xtrend et 8000

DMDM87

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi folks, just a quick question, previously had my box running from my dish, however not working at the minute hoping to switch to cable now instead have ordered 2 new cable tuners to install in the box.

if I switch to cable does this mean a whole new software needs to be installed and is it the same type of line required ie cccam which I had running previously?

bit new to this so any info is appreciated or any directions to find out would be great, only scratching the surface on this forum...gold mine :cool:

No new software/firmware is needed.
all you will have to do is configure the new cable tuners in the service search menu.
you will your net id for your area, this is easily found through google.
and you will still beable to use your existing cam all you will need is the new details from your line supplier.

I find Autoboquetsmaker a big help when scanning. Loads of threads on here explaining how so brush up while you can and it easy.

thanks for the replies, will have a look and hopefully all goes to plan first time doing this as I previously had someone else do it for me, hoping to learn a bit in here, there seems to be a vast amount of info here credit to the folks running it !! :)

Back