Softmod problem!!

fibzy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Alright lads!

Right, i got a prob hopefully some xbox expert can help me, today me and me bro decided to softmod his box, a few probs came early in that 1-we didnt have a memory card and 2- we didnt have none of the games you need to do the game save biz lol. After a bit of searching we found a tute on hotswap and font exploit so we got stuck in.....

Did the hotswap fine and pc recognised the drive, backed it up and loaded hdd-driver to start uploading the font expoits (bert & ernie) then it asked us to 'sign' a evox in xbe, so we did that and uploaded it to drive, re-assembled xbox and powered up.... success!!! a evolutionx dashboard loaded!!! Now the fun started, we tried a back up game and it just hung, tried loads more and they either hung or repeatedly restart the box but never load, so then tried an original game, it gave us the green text error screen with 21 in the top left corner.

However if an original game is started from powered down box with it already in the drive it starts and plays perfect!! Back ups do same as before.

On the evox dash theres an option to load ms-dash, if we try that we get the error 21 screen again, BUT if we go into settings then the network was set up so we altered default gateway, rebooted and we can ftp into the box no probs!!!

Is there something im missing? i dont know if the bios needs flashing or wotever, im not too up on all this im afraid!! Any ideas for something that will sort it??

you will need to replace the complete xboxdashdata,xodash folders and the xboxdash.xbe

the files r roughly 65mb in size and the most important thing is u need to be able to ftp into the box

if u cant ftp into it you will need to borrow a modchip,if u can pm me and i will upload u the fix

error 21 is caused by the live update,downgrading it will fix your xbox

cheers for reply, yeh at the mo i can ftp into the box no prob, do me a favour and talk me thru the steps if u dont mind matey :)

Back